This information is for former FIT degree students applying for readmission.
Students who have not attended FIT for one semester or more must be readmitted to the college. Please use our Application for Readmission form.
Important Requirements For Readmission
Former Undergraduate Students
- Former undergraduate students admitted more than eight years ago: we may no longer have your documents on file and will require new official transcripts. This includes official transcripts from any school you have attended since enrolling at FIT and may include final high school and college transcripts previously submitted. Once you file a request for readmission, it is your responsibility to monitor your application status in MyFIT and ensure that everything needed is submitted.
- If you are reapplying to a major in the School of Art and Design, you may be required to submit a new portfolio.
- Some degree programs have made changes to curriculum in recent years. You must meet current degree requirements. For example, if you had two classes to complete when you left FIT, you may have more to complete in order to be awarded the current degree.
- All major and related-area required courses are valid for up to 10 years from the point of admission. After 10 years, courses previously taken must be approved to fulfill current degree requirements by the chair of the major department. To have credits older than ten years approved, please complete the Request for Re-Evaluation of Graduation (.pdf).
Note: If you were academically dismissed from FIT, refer to Academic Standards/Probation and Dismissal.
Former Graduate Students
- Former Graduate Students seeking readmission are subject to the School of Graduate Studies policy on reapplication as listed in the Graduate Catalog: Former FIT students who have not completed their degree requirements within the timeline to completion for their respective program must reapply for admission. Courses taken ten or more years ago are subject to reevaluation and must be approved by the appropriate department chairperson or academic dean in order for students to receive credit toward their degree. If admitted, the student must satisfy all financial obligations to FIT before returning to the college, including all maintenance of matriculation fees.
- Applicants who wish to reapply to a program must submit a new online application and supporting documents and pay the application fee. Official transcripts from previous applications remain on file for up to 12 months and may not need to be resubmitted. The student will be admitted under the degree requirements in effect at the time of reapplication.
Note: If you were academically dismissed from FIT, refer to Academic Standards/Probation and Dismissal on the Registrar's website.