Request Items for Pickup
Patrons can request FIT books and DVDs through OneSearch for pick up. Step-by-step instructions can be found below. Items requested through OneSearch will be processed as staffing allows and patrons will receive an email with due date and pick up information. Items must be checked out prior to leaving the Library either at the self-check out machine or at the Access Services Desk. Items are available for pick up in the Library Lobby. Please refer to our Library Hours page for pick up times. Questions/concerns? Email us!
Items cataloged as "Reserves" or "Periodicals" are ineligible to be borrowed. We reserve the right to recall checked out material if necessary.
Library services and/or access may change or cease at any time dependent on college administration directives based on SUNY, state, and city mandates.
How to Request an Item for Pick Up
1. SIGN IN
Search for books and DVDs using the Physical Materials filter
Open the item record and scroll down to “Place a Hold Request” (remember you must be logged in to see this link)
4. SELECT LOCATION
Click on the link and select “Gladys Marcus Library” as your pick up location. Enter a "not needed after date", if applicable.
If your hold request was successful you will receive a success message. If not, please try again or contact us for further help. You will receive an email with the subject line "Library item ready for pick up" when your item(s) are ready for pickup.
Please note: popular titles may have a wait time as multiple people have requested it. For example the title below has 6 hold requests.
If an item is checked out, missing, lost or has an active hold request, you will be given the option to be placed on a waitlist for our copy ("Place a Hold Request") or request it from another library (see Interlibrary Loan for more information).
Service desks/services/hours are subject to change and may be unavailable throughout the semester due to staffing levels.
Please feel free to contact us if you have any questions or concerns at [email protected]
[Last Updated 2/1/2022]
The following groups may borrow material in General Circulation for home use:
- faculty, credit seeking students, staff, administrators, and senior learners with valid FIT ID cards
- faculty and students with valid ID from other SUNY institutions
Students may borrow material for only the semester they are registered for. For example, a student is registered for the fall semester, loan privileges will end at the end of the fall semester. As another example, a student currently registered for the spring semester who has not yet registered for summer OR for fall may not borrow material during the summer.
You must present a current FIT ID or SUNY photo ID in order to check out or renew books. There are no exceptions.
The following groups may borrow materials from service desks for library use only with a valid ID card:
- FIT alumni
- FIT models
- visitors to the Library
- Fragrance Foundation member
- non-credit students including: high school students, Saturday Live students, Summer Live students, other Precollege Program students, EOP students, non-credit Center for Continuing & Professional Studies students (formerly "Seminar Students")
- current driver's license
- any current ID from another school, college, or university
- current government issued ID cards / passports
- FIT schedule of classes, Bursar's receipt
- social security card, bank and/or credit cards
- keys, cellphones or other paraphernalia
- club membership, business, public library cards
- anything else not listed under "Acceptable"