Spring 2022 Service Changes
Due to COVID, PrintFX and Fablab have modified, eliminated and added services.
- Spiral bookbinding: Submit files for PrintFX in-house printing only. No customer provided paper. Laser or inkjet sheet and book binding order forms must be submitted simultaneously. Please number your pages or submit a .pdf so we can print, collate, and bind your book correctly.
- Button pins: Submit files only. No hard copies.
- Color / B&W copies (8.5x11, 12x18): Service eliminated indefinitely. Please use the Library's color copiers.
- Color / B&W prints (8.5x11, 12x18): 50 page limit per job
- B&W large format copies (36" rolls): Service resumes.
- Riso Printing: One-on-one and group printing suspended. Complete an order form for full service.
- Hard copy submission (includes order forms, departmental forms, orientation forms, etc.): Online submission only.
- USB file submission: Suspended until further notice.
- Self-Service: MakerBot 3d printing; soft-proofing on color calibration monitors; trimming; 3d handheld scanning.
- UPS delivery: Within U.S. only. Suspended May 2022. Customer responsible for cost of shipping and packaging. Alumni prepay.
- Service desk (Pomerantz Center, Room D529A): Open to in-person visits, M-F 9am-6pm.
- Job pick up & laser cutting or vacuum forming material drop off: PrintFX, Pomerantz D529A during open hours.
- Virtual Q&A: Chat and email service suspended until further notice.
- Departmental virtual class orientation requests: Instructors complete the In-person FabLab Orientation Scheduling form (.pdf) and/or the Virtual PrintFX Orientation Scheduling form (.pdf). Forms are pdfs and require Adobe Acrobat or Reader.
- Departmental jobs paying via a budget transfer: Submit a completed PrintFX Supply Reimbursement Authorization Form (.pdf) along with your order form. Form is a pdf and requires Adobe Acrobat or Reader.