Child Protection and Mandatory Reporting of Abuse
Policy No. CP006
All members of the FIT community have the responsibility to conduct themselves appropriately with any child visiting the FIT campus or participating in college-related programs and activities. This policy further requires any member of the FIT community who interacts with, supervises, chaperones, or otherwise oversees children in programs or activities at the college or sponsored by the college, to immediately report incidents, suspicions, or the imminent risk of, sexual, physical, mental abuse, neglect, maltreatment, or exploitation of children 17 years of age or younger. The policy ensures that reporters should not be subject to retaliation for making such reports in good faith.
Who is Affected by this Policy
- All members of the FIT community, particularly those who interact with, supervise, chaperone, or otherwise oversee children in programs or activities at the college or sponsored by the college. This includes, but is not limited to, administrators, faculty, staff, students, volunteers, consultants and independent contractors.
- All other members of the FIT community.
- Responsible Administrator(s): Director of Policy and Compliance
- Responsible Office(s): Office of Policy and Compliance
- Implementation History: Issued March 2014; Updated April 2015, April 2021, November 2021
- Contact(s): Director of Policy and Compliance
View Official Policy
CP006, Child Protection and Mandatory Reporting of Abuse (.pdf)
*This PDF document is the official version of this policy.