Introduction to Browzwear's VStitcher
Creative designs. Faster to market. Less waste.
VStitcher is an industry leader in 3D garment creation. It is a comprehensive, intuitive, and technological apparel design solution that allows you to bring the garments you envision to life on screen. Implement countless optional design details, change fabrics, colors, adjust fit accurately, sizes, trimmings, and multiple additional design parameters at the click of a mouse. Your designs will be displayed in a photorealistic 360° view combined with animation simulating wear in motion, to support fit optimization. Patterns will be automatically generated for you, which can be easily exported as AAMA/ASTM .dxf format. VStitcher will significantly shorten the translation process of your design concept into reality, and thus support you in realizing your vision and maximizing your design potential.
- Basic computer skills
- Knowledge of Adobe Illustrator
- If you have not used Illustrator, we recommend that you complete CTD 100 prior to registering for this course.
- Knowledge of garment construction
- If you do not have this knowledge, we recommend that you complete SXP 175 prior to registering for this course.
Please Note: Computer specifications required: Browzwear System Requirements. You will also need a Google Drive for access to instructor files.
*If you think you are eligible for the 10% Alumni Discount, please complete the Alumni Verification Form prior to registration in order to receive your discount code.
Learn How To:
- Work in a 3D design environment
- Develop basic blocks into new garments
- Build fabric and trim libraries for future collections
- Use 3D imaging to test fit of patterns across a range of activities
- Create and manipulate virtual samples
- Apply a variety of fabric textures and prints onto 3D images to see how garments are affected
- Import and export patterns to Gerber, Lectra or other pattern-making systems
- Classes taught by top industry experts
- Free access to VStitcher software and Browzwear’s help center for two months after the end of the course
- The focus is helping you prepare for the growing demand for 3D apparel designers
- Certificate helps you prepare a capsule collection for your portfolio
- Certification from a world-renowned college
Meet Your Instructors
Barbara Joan Burger brings over 30 years’ experience across three countries in apparel and apparel technology as both employee and consultant. She has worked with The William Carter Company, Computer Design Inc., Lectra, Dupont, Fabrics2Dye4, Talbots, Coldwater Creek, PVH and now Browzwear Global. She thoroughly understands the technological needs of the apparel design process from concept through the evolution of a garment design. She helps companies use technology to speed time to market and quickly respond to market shifts.
George Voulgaris is a full time 3D garment designer and power user working with several leading apparel brands helping them implement 3D into their workflow. Working closely with these brands he provides them with innovative solutions and 3D workflows using Browzwear’s VStitcher. His considerable knowledge of apparel design, fabrication, and materials, in addition to his experience with Browzwear’s VStitcher 3D program, allows him to help brands incorporate cutting edge 3D technologies in order to speed their time to market and respond quickly to market shifts. As an educator, George is now bringing this knowledge to students at FIT.
Center for Continuing and Professional Studies (CCPS)
FIT's CCPS offers credit and noncredit certificates and courses in fashion, business, design, technology, and marketing, to help you enter into or advance your career in the fashion and related industries. With short programs and flexible schedules, you can learn at a time and pace you can manage and afford.
The fashion industry is undergoing a digital revolution. Until recently, fashion went from paper sketches, to paper patterns, to hand-sewn samples. Today, thanks to a new generation of technology, leading fashion companies are doing it all in true-to-life 3D. Browzwear is proud to be an innovative leader in the digital apparel revolution.