The name of the Advertising Design program will change to Advertising and Digital Design beginning with the class entering in fall 2019.
Students Loisse Ledres and Lawrence Staebler win the 2018 One Show Young Ones Gold Pencil
Integration of Concept, Design, Copy, and Technology
Students who have completed the two-year Communication Design Foundation AAS program may apply to this two-year Advertising and Digital Design Bachelor of Fine Arts (BFA) program.
The Advertising and Digital Design BFA program prepares students for advertising and design in the digital age. You’ll learn how to create work that sparks conversations and uses storytelling and engagement to shape culture, rather than just reflect it.
FIT is a pioneer in integrating advertising and digital design. In fact, this was the first BFA program in the world to create specialized digital design courses such as Kinetic Typography, User Experience Design, Typography for Digital Content Design, and Digital Product Design. Our industry-inspired curriculum includes Concept Development, Strategic Planning, Art Direction, Design, Copywriting, Creative Technology, and an industry-related internship. Our curriculum also allows students to specialize in Branding, Copywriting, or Social Media—with elective credits.
You'll graduate from this program with strong conceptual, visual, and verbal skills, as well as the digital skills that are in high demand today. You will be prepared to work at the best advertising agencies and digital design studios as an art director, copywriter, digital product designer, digital content designer, app designer, branding designer, interaction or web designer, motion designer, information architect (IA) user experience (UX) designer, user interface (UI) designer, social Media content creator, strategic planner, or video editor.
- New York City is the advertising and digital design capital of the world. From Madison Avenue to Silicon Alley, New York is the home to over 4,000 ad agencies and digital design agencies.
- You'll be connected to the top industry leaders actively working in the field through our courses, workshops, field trips, professional networking events, and internships.
- Our faculty are award-winning industry professionals who have received top honors from the One Show, Art Directors Club, Cannes Lions, Type Directors Club, Clio, Communication Arts, A’Design Awards,the International Advertising Festival, and AdWeek’s Best Spots.
- Students of this program have won the most prestigious international advertising and design awards, including the One Show Young Ones, the Art Directors Club Awards, the D&AD New Blood Student Competition, Effie Collegiate Challenge, Communication Arts Awards, Future Lions, Adobe Design Awards, Telly Awards, and Lürzer's Archive Students Contest.
- Graduates are working at some of the most creative agencies in the world, such as Anomaly, BBDO, The Community, Digitas, Droga5, FCB, Grey, Havas, Leo Burnett, Ogilvy, TBWA\Chiat\Day, R/GA, and Y&R.