The Creative Technology minor offers a learning opportunity for students who are interested in expanding and exploring their technological knowledge and experience. This minor equips students with a basic understanding of digital culture, design technologies, as well as the opportunity for interdisciplinary collaboration.
The Creative Technology minor is open to all students in the Schools of Art and Design, Business and Technology and Liberal Arts.
- The successful completion of at least five courses detailed below, with a minimum 2.5 GPA.
- The minor must be completed prior to graduation.
- You are encouraged to complete four classes from the list of choices before registering for the required CT 441 Creative Technology Lab.
- If only three classes have been completed, you must registered for the fourth class or be in the process of completing the fourth class before registering for the required CT 441 Creative Technology Lab.
- Prior to registering for CT 441 Creative Technology Lab, please contact minor co-coordinator C. J. Yeh or co-coordinator Christie Shin.
Please note: If you have already declared the Creative Technology minor, please review your DARS audit for remaining course options and/or schedule an appointment to speak with your academic advisor for assistance.
Also note: CT 341, CT 371, and ID 472 were removed from the minor in Fall 2017. CD 441 and GD 344 were removed from the minor in Spring 2018. CT 331 and CG 224 were removed from the minor at the end of spring 2020. The following requirements below are intended for students declared after Fall 2020. If you have already declared your minor, please speak to your academic advisor for assistance.
|CT 200 Content Design and Research for Artists||2|
|CT 244 / CD 244 / GD 244 INTRO TO WEB DESIGN (PREREQUISITE: CD 126, CD 224 OR CT 200)||2|
|AD 364 DIGITAL MEDIA ADVERTISING (PREREQUISITE: AD 216 OR CT 200)||2|
|CT 411 DESIGN AND INTERACTION (PREREQUISITE: CT 244)||2|
|REQUIRED CAPSTONE COURSE: CT 441 CREATIVE TECHNOLOGY LAB (PREREQUISITE: DECLARATION OF MINOR AND COORDINATOR APPROVAL)||2|
Semesterly course offerings are subject to change. Please check the website for course descriptions and prerequisite requirements.