American Business School of Paris
Program Type: Semester Study Abroad
The American Business School of Paris (ABS), centrally located on the Canal St. Martin in the lively tenth arrondissement, is an immersive institution with an international student population that represents over 80 countries. ABS emphasizes hands-on internships and coaching, with internationally accredited degree programs in business and fashion management to prepare students for a global marketplace. Located in the cultural center of Paris, the campus is a 15-min walk to the gorgeous Parc des Buttes-Chaumont and with easy access to Parisian sites like the Centre Pompidou, the Louvre, and the Champs-Élysées.
Fall: approvals on an ongoing basis until February 15
Spring: approvals on an ongoing basis until September 15
- Minimum GPA 3.0
- Matriculation in a Bachelor's degree program
- Advertising and Marketing Communications students must obtain academic advisement and the approval of the department chair/international coordinator. AMC students may participate during their 6th or 7th semester.
- Fashion Business Management students must obtain academic advisement and the approval of the department international coordinator. FBM students may participate in their 5th or 6th semester.
- International Trade and Marketing students must obtain academic advisement and the approval of the department chair. Students should be in contact with Christine Pomeranz, department chair, prior to submitting an application regarding program choice. ITM students may participate during their 6th or 7th semester.
Students must take at least 12 ABS credits to be full-time and generally the credits
align with FIT credits. ABS offers a wide range of business, fashion, and liberal
arts courses. As ABS is not an exchange program, any online FIT courses will be charged
at the applicable per-credit hour tuition rate, in addition to the ABS tuition.
» Course List (similar from year to year) (.pdf)
» Course Descriptions (similar from year to year) (.pdf)
Advertising and Marketing Communications / Fashion Business Management Course Information
Students may take major-area, related-area, and liberal arts courses with the department's approval of the course equivalent.
International Trade and Marketing Course Information
ITM students may only take liberal arts courses abroad and they should be discussed in advance with the ITM department chair prior to having the Dean of Liberal Arts approve the course equivalents.
A detailed Academic Calendar can be viewed on the ABS website. Students are generally expected to arrive the weekend before orientation begins.
Students are responsible for making their own accommodation arrangements for the duration of their stay. ABS does not provide on-campus housing; however, students will choose an ABS housing option. ABS will ask for your selection between a studio residence hall room or a room with a host family (homestay).
Students will be required to apply for a Long-Stay French Visa for the duration of their stay in France. Students are encouraged to carefully review the visa requirements. Supporting documentation will be provided after approval.
Health and Wellness
FIT requires all students to be covered in the U.S. and internationally for the duration of their study abroad program. Two types of coverage are required:
1. FIT requires students to be covered abroad for the duration of their program. This policy is mandatory, therefore students cannot waive it.
- Coverage abroad: UHC Study Abroad Insurance
Students will be enrolled and account will be billed before start of program. More detailed information about coverage and claims processes will be provided post-approval.
2. FIT requires students to be covered in the U.S. for the duration of their program. Students may waive the Haylor insurance using the standard waiver process if they already have a U.S.-based insurance policy with equal or better coverage.
- Coverage in the U.S.: Haylor Health Insurance
A copy of this form may be taken to Financial Aid Services so that a careful review of your program costs may be completed by an assigned financial aid counselor.
Application, Instructions, and Preparations
See: How to Apply