Policy No. IT013
This policy defines the guidelines for the security, confidentiality and use of data maintained by the Fashion Institute of Technology (the College or FIT), both in paper and electronic form. This policy also informs each person who is entrusted to access student, employee and/or institutional data of their responsibilities with regard to confidentiality, privacy of eligible student records, safeguarding and use of FIT data.
The purpose of this policy is to provide users with data governance guidance in order to protect institutional data from unauthorized use, including but not limited to acquisition, access, disclosure, retention, and disposal. This policy puts forth best practices in data management custodianship and access and clarifies the roles and responsibilities of various stakeholders in the College. The goal is to streamline the efforts of the entire community as they seek to access and utilize institutional data.
Who Should Read This Policy
- All members of the FIT community faculty, administrators and staff
- Anyone at the College who is granted access to data
- Responsible Administrator(s): Vice President and CIO, Information Technology and Assistant Dean, Institutional Research and Effectiveness
- Responsible Office(s): Information Technology and Institutional Research and Effectiveness
- Implementation History: March 2015
- Contact(s): Information Technology and Institutional Research and Effectiveness
View Official Policy
IT013, Data Custodianship and Access (.pdf)
This PDF document is the official version of this policy.