Policy No. EM0010
FIT is committed to a drug-free environment in accordance with current statutory provisions. Unlawful manufacture, possession, distribution, dispensation, sale, or use of controlled substances (illegal drugs) and related paraphernalia on the FIT campus or as part of any FIT activity is prohibited and will not be tolerated.
Alcoholic beverages and related paraphernalia cannot be brought into or consumed on the FIT campus or as part of any FIT activity, except in connection with authorized college events. Under no circumstances are alcoholic beverages to be served to any students on campus or as part of any FIT activity, with the exception of specifically-authorized college events as outlined in this policy.
The college strictly enforces these policies, and violators may be sanctioned as explained in this policy. Resources are available to assist members of the FIT community to prevent and recover from drug and alcohol abuse.
Who is Affected by This Policy
- All members of the FIT community
- Responsible Administrator: Vice President for Enrollment Management and Student Success
- Responsible Office(s): Enrollment Management and Student Success
- Implementation History: Issued 2007; Updated September 2017, August 2018, December 2018
- Contact: Assistant Vice President for Enrollment Management and Student Success/Dean of Students
View Official Policy
EM0010, Drug and Alcohol Abuse Prevention (.pdf)
*This PDF document is the official version of this policy.