Policy No: SS001
The Fashion Institute of Technology (the “college” or “FIT”) is committed to prepare and respond effectively to emergencies abroad that may affect FIT programs abroad, including the semester-long programs in Italy. The policy has been developed to provide useful, practical guidance on safety and well-being for all participants, including students and their parents or guardians, faculty, resident directors, and administrative staff. This policy is to be followed by the study abroad program directors and college administrators, as well as staff, faculty, and students participating in study abroad and international field study.
Who is Affected by this Policy
- Resident Directors of FIT International Programs
- Faculty leading academic and field study programs abroad
- Employees accompanying students abroad
- Study abroad students, and their parents or guardians
- International field study program students and employees
- Program partners and partner institutions abroad
- Responsible Administrator: Vice President of Academic Affairs
- Responsible Office: Office of International Programs
- Implementation History: Issued April 2018
- Contact: Office of International Programs
View Official Policy
SS001, Study Abroad and International Field Study Emergency Preparedness and Response
*This PDF document is the official version of this policy.