Prepare to Study Abroad
Students studying abroad may need to apply for a tourist or student visa. Different countries have different entry and exit requirements and required documentation.
Additionally, there are a number of websites that can provide valuable information for students and foreign visitors.
FIT requires all students participating in an FIT International program to have U.S.-based health insurance plus international insurance including accident, emergency medical evacuation, and repatriation of remains coverage. Two types of coverage are required:
1. FIT requires students to be covered abroad for the duration of their program. This policy is mandatory, therefore students cannot waive it.
- Coverage abroad: United Healthcare - Student Resources Study Abroad Insurance
*Students will be enrolled and account will be billed before start of program. More detailed information about coverage and claims processes will be provided post-approval.
2. FIT requires students to be covered in the U.S. for the duration of their program. Students may waive the Haylor insurance using the standard waiver process if they already have a U.S. based insurance policy with equal or better coverage.
- Coverage in the US: Haylor Health Insurance
- Each country may require additional health insurance. Contact the OIP for more information.
- Personal health insurance policies must provide coverage for the entire duration of your time abroad.
- Please remember that all health-related services abroad must be paid for at the time of service and are often reimbursed afterwards by your insurance provider.