Please use a Chrome incognito browser when accessing our databases.
Ebooks covering a full spectrum of topics in fashion including construction, draping, fashion business management, history, illustration, journalism, marketing, promotion, theory, pattern making, styling, product development, sustainable fashion, textiles, and more.
Full-text versions of books from the fashion textbook publisher, Fairchild Books.
Use an incognito browser to access this resource.
How do I activate an NYTimes.com Pass?
You can activate an Academic Pass from the NYTimes.com Academic Pass page. Follow the instructions for First Time User below.
To activate an Academic Pass:
- You need to have a valid FIT email address.
- You must log in to or create an NYTimes.com account with your FIT email address.
- You cannot be an existing digital subscriber.
Can I activate a new pass before my current one expires?
No. Each NYTimes.com Pass grants a predefined period of access. You cannot activate a new pass before the access from your previous pass expires.
Full text of Grove Art Online, Benezit Dictionary of Artists, The Oxford Companion to Western Art,
The Concise Oxford Dictionary of Art Terms, and Encyclopedia of Aesthetics.
There is a 3-user limit to this database -- please log off when you are finished.
Searches 8 Databases at once:
- Dissertations & Theses @ Fashion Institute of Technology
- The Harper's Bazaar Archive (1867 - current)
- ProQuest Historical Newspapers: The New York Times (1851 - 2014)
- The Vogue Archive (1892-current)
- The Vogue Italia Archive (1964 - current)
- The Wall Street Journal (1984 - current)
- Women's Magazine Archive (1846 - 2005)
- The Women's Wear Daily Archive (1910-current)
We have full-text access to the following Taylor & Francis publications:
Costume (2012-2016; see Edinburgh University Press for 2000-current)
Contains full-text, abstracts, indexing for all articles from the Wall Street Journal from 1984 to present with top news stories and detailed information on the arts, sports, business, and popular culture.
Register for a WWD Digital Daily account using your FIT email address. Once registered, the daily edition of WWD will be sent to your email.
New registrations take 3-9 days to become active.
Access WWD Digital Daily through this WWD Digital Daily link and not through WWD Online.
Contains an archive starting in 1883 to 2005 for eleven magazines typically marketed to women, with high-resolution color scans and feature detailed article-level indexing. Titles and specific coverage includes:
- Better Homes & Gardens (1922 - 2005)
- Chatelaine (1928 - 2005)
- Cosmopolitan (1926 - 2004)
- Essence (1970 - 2005)
- Good Housekeeping (1885 - 2005)
- Ladies’ Home Journal (1883 - 2005)
- Parents (1926 - 2005)
- Redbook (1903 - 2005)
- Seventeen (1944 - 2005)
- Women’s Day (1937-2005)
- Women’s International Network News (WIN News) (1975-2005)