Please use a Chrome incognito browser when accessing our databases.
You must register for BoF Professional's student membership using an FIT email address. Click here to register for "BoF Professional for Students"
-On the BoF home page click "join now"
-Scroll down just a bit and click on "Are you a student? Activate complimentary access."
-Include Fashion Institute of Technology as your school
-Enter name of a course you are taking or teaching
-Add your graduation date
-You will be asked to re-validate your email address each year.
Real-time access to retail data to make informed product, marketing and pricing decisions.
New users must request an account -- send an email to EDITED via [email protected] from your FIT email address, providing the name of your major, year of study, and graduation date (month and year are fine); check your email for a reply and login details.
Faculty -- please indicate you are an instructor for access beyond one semester.
Covers over twenty million articles, including full text coverage of over 1000 publications from 1980 to present. Contains academic, trade, and scholarly peer-reviewed materials.
Firefox Private and Google Chrome Incognito are supported browsers.
Hoover’s, a subsidiary of The Dun and Bradstreet Corporation (D&B), offers proprietary business information Hoover's provides data on more than 85 million corporations, 100 million people, and 1,000 industries.
Now called MRI-Simmons Insights
A profiling system to gain insights and to understand consumer’s media and
First-time users and those who were already registered must complete a new registration each semester.
1. Get required registration code here (use FIT username and password to access code)
2. Create your new account here by entering:
- registration code you got above
- your FIT email ([email protected]; no other email is accepted)
- a password that you create for this database - it does not need to be the same as your FIT password
3. Check your FIT email for a confirmation from GFK/MRI and click the link given
4. Go to the MRI+ main page and login with your FIT email address (including the @fitnyc.edu) and new password
5. Click on University Reporter to see available reports
Original market research on product categories, consumer groups, and general trends. Mostly US and Europe-focused.
If you wish to use Mintel's collaboration features, like saved searches and email alerts, then you must "Register for a FREE Account." Fill-in required information. Enter your FIT email address [[email protected]]; no other email address is accepted.
Advertising & Branding, Apparel, Textiles & Fashions, Consumer Products & Services, E-Commerce & Internet,Entertainment, Publishing & Media, Games, Apps & Social Media, Green Technology, and Retail. Also some company profiles for "major companies and mid-size firms" in those industries.
Advertising & Branding, Apparel, Textiles & Fashions, Consumer Products & Services, E-Commerce & Internet,Entertainment, Publishing & Media, Games, Apps & Social Media, Green Technology, and Retail. Supplemented and updated by Plunkett Research Online
Consumer, marketing, retail, and innovation trends
Students must create an account and re-activate their account every 90 days: click to re-activate account
To access WGSN Insight:
- login via the proxy and then with your WGSN username and password
- select the part of the site you wish to use from the top menu under "Fashion"
Register for a WWD Digital Daily account using your FIT email address. Once registered, the daily edition of WWD will be sent to your email.
New registrations take 3-9 days to become active.
Access WWD Digital Daily through this WWD Digital Daily link and not through WWD Online.
Full-text coverage of Woman’s Wear Daily from 1994 - current.
1. Visit WindowsWear
2. Click “Join now” on the top right
3. Select "Academic" on the right
4. Under "existing members" select "FIT"
5. Create profile
6. Under "get started" select "student" or "faculty"
7. Use your FIT email and create a password
8. Click "join"
You will need to login to WindowsWear after authenticating via the proxy to use the site.