The Lifestyle Marketing Plan Certificate
Develop your startup marketing and branding plan
Summer 2022 Dates (Remote)
PBM 001: June 13 - July 27, 2022 (skips Jun 20 and Jul 4)
Time: Every Monday and Wednesday, 6:10pm to 8:50pm EDT
Online Platform: Blackboard - Remote
This certificate is an accelerated interactive course that provides lectures, discussions, examinations of case studies, one-on-one mentorship, brand development workshops, and projects. You will learn how to market and brand a startup—develop your own brand identity and plan top strategies. In this program you will gain new insights, knowledge and skills you can apply to your brand. You will explore and understand the fundamentals of marketing and branding—the importance of brand identity, crafting your brand story, brand development for maximum growth, brand communication, and go-to-market strategy.
This certificate is ideal for entrepreneurs that want to strengthen or launch their own brand, professionals interested in brand development and strategy, and individuals that want to increase their fundamental knowledge of the brand development process. This certificate will essentially provide you with one-on-one mentorship to develop your plan.
- Post-It notes
- High-speed internet connection
- Laptop or desktop computer that is capable of running the latest browser
- Built-in or external webcam and speakers
*If you think you are eligible for the 10% Alumni Discount, please complete the Alumni Verification Form prior to registration in order to receive your discount code.
Note: This certificate was previously titled Personal Branding and Marketing.
Learn How To
- Understand your brand position that differentiate you from your competition
- Craft your brand story with a designer’s mindset
- Develop your brand visual identity
- Learn to create engaging and relevant brand communication
- Discover how to leverage your position for brand extensions
- Analyze and learn how to conduct influencer campaigns
- Plan a go-to-market strategy
- One-on-one mentorship to develop your plan
- Essentials of marketing strategy
- You will learn and create an initial lifestyle marketing and branding plan, which will enable you to continue the development of your brand
- Classes taught by top industry experts
- Earn a certificate from FIT/SUNY, a world renowned college of art and design, business and technology
Meet Your Instructor
Principal, thebrandingteam and Adjunct, Fashion Business Management, FIT
Christina Lee has over 20 years of lifestyle branding and multicultural marketing experience; specializing in brand strategy, development and management for talents and brands in fashion, sports, and entertainment. Her expertise is extending brands through strategic and creative development. Christina is currently the principal of thebrandingteam and an Adjunct at FIT.
Past Guest Speakers
Keesha Johnson, Founder TYPE K Consulting
Clients: Def Jam Recordings, Alicia Keys, Vitamin Water, 50 Cent, Sports Illustrated, Sean Diddy Combs
Patricia McNamee, PR & Experiential Events Consultant
Clients: NYFW, Jet Aviation, Sundance Film Festival, Saks Fifth Avenue, Christies, Rolls Royce
- Brand Overview | Defining the brand
- Brand Story | Crafting the identity
- Visual Identity | Building your Brand Style Guide
- Marketing Strategy | Create a plan for growth
- Brand Awareness | Communication strategy
- Brand Development | Understanding and position your brand for partnerships
- Influencer Marketing | Create an Influencer Brand Activation Campaign
- Peer Workshare & Consultation
Center for Continuing and Professional Studies (CCPS)
FIT's CCPS offers credit and noncredit certificates and courses in fashion, business, design, technology, and marketing, to help you enter into or advance your career in the fashion and related industries. With short programs and flexible schedules, you can learn at a time and pace you can manage and afford.