- Scan important documents and files and upload them to Google Drive.
- Make operational manuals and step-by-step instructions available remotely by uploading them to Google Drive.
Accessing FIT Directory Information
- Use Google’s Directory feature (from within your FIT Gmail) to find phone numbers and email addresses by hovering over a name.
- Use FIT’s Phone Directory to look up phone numbers and email addresses. It is searchable by first name, last name, and department.
- Use the FIT Mobile App to find phone numbers, which enables you to call straight from the directory. The FIT Mobile App is available for both iPhone and Android.
Online Screen Sharing, Conferencing, and Messaging
Support for Working Remotely
Remote Work Expectations
- Schedule regular interaction between the employee and direct supervisor, either through email, phone, or other technology (WebEx, etc.).
- Return calls and emails in a timely manner.
- No employee engaged in remote work will be allowed to conduct face-to-face, college-related business at the alternate workplace and shall not meet with students or minors at the alternate workplace.
- Remote employees will be expected to ensure the protection of proprietary college and student/employee information accessible from their home office.
- Employees are expected to maintain their home workspace in a safe manner, free from safety hazards. Injuries sustained by the employee in a home office location and in conjunction with their regular work duties are normally covered by the college’s workers’ compensation policy. Employees are responsible for notifying Human Resources via email at [email protected] of such injuries as soon as practicable.
- Employees are responsible for ongoing operating costs such as telephone service fees, Internet fees and any other utility costs incurred at the remote worksite.
- Employees who are not exempt from the overtime requirements of the Fair Labor Standards Act will be required to accurately record all hours worked. Hours worked in excess of those scheduled per day and per workweek require the advance approval of your supervisor.
- If you are unable to complete your work remotely due to illness (not related to coronavirus) or other personal business, or scheduled and approved vacation, you must submit appropriate leave reports via MyFIT.
- Based on the needs of the college, employees may be required to return to regular in-office work at any time.
Please update your voicemail message to the following:
"You have reached the voicemail of XXX in the YYY office at FIT.
Please note that I may be away from my desk or working remotely at this time.
I will be checking for messages regularly and will get back to you as soon as I can.
Please leave a message."
Ongoing and Updated FIT Information
Monitor the college's official Coronavirus (COVID-19) Information webpage for updated information about how FIT is responding to the coronavirus situation.