- Face masks—properly covering both the mouth and the nose—are required while in FIT buildings, including 236 West 27th Street and 333 Seventh Avenue. The exception is when you are in an office alone (for employees) or residence hall (for students) or when you are eating and drinking.
- Public Safety will provide a disposable mask to employees, students, and visitors who may arrive on campus without a mask.
COVID-19 vaccines are available on campus. Log in to the FIT Health Services Portal to schedule an appointment. You can also log in to the portal to upload a copy of your vaccination card to be exempted from mandatory weekly testing. See details on our COVID-19 Testing and Vaccinations pages.
Screening, Testing, Reporting, Tracing
In accordance with a SUNY mandate, weekly coronavirus testing is required of all unvaccinated students and employees. Details can be found on the COVID-19 Testing page.
- To be exempt from weekly testing, fully vaccinated students and employees must upload their vaccination records to the FIT Health Services portal. Visit our Vaccinations page for details.
- HR has an online reporting system in place for reporting and tracking exposure and confirmed cases.
- Use the SUNY COVID-19 Tracker to see coronavirus statistics for all SUNY campuses, including FIT.
All FIT spaces are thoroughly cleaned on a daily basis in accordance with CDC, State of New York, and SUNY guidelines.
If You Experience COVID-19 Symptoms on Campus
It is important that we promptly identify and isolate you if you are experiencing symptoms that may be COVID-19 related.
Students experiencing challenging issues that prevent them from returning to campus, including health and mental health conditions, vulnerable family members who may be affected because of living arrangements, and other issues that they self-report, can contact the Dean of Students for assistance with appropriate referrals for accommodative services.
Counseling Services has temporarily suspended in-person counseling sessions, but it is operating remotely and conducting sessions as needed via phone and video.
Employees can contact Human Resources for work and benefit information.