As of September 18, 2023, 12:50 pm
- FIT no longer requires face masks be worn in FIT buildings.
- If you test positive for COVID-19, you should not come to class (students) or to work (employees). You may return five (5) days after a positive test or symptom onset. (The day you tested positive or noticed symptoms is considered Day 0, thus you may return to campus on Day 6.) If you continue to have symptoms after this time period, contact FIT Health Services or your physician for further guidance.
- Students and employees, please refer to the Sept. 15 email communications for details on what to do if you think you may have the virus.
- The COVID-19 vaccine is no longer mandated for students to attend FIT but is strongly encouraged.
- Employees are not required but encouraged to receive vaccinations and boosters.
- FIT does not require proof of vaccination from visitors.
- On-campus COVID-19 testing is performed at Health Services. To make an appointment, call the office at (212) 217-4190. Walk-ins are also accepted as scheduling permits.
Campus Health and Safety Protocols
- It is optional to wear face masks in FIT buildings.
- If you have been diagnosed with or have been exposed to someone who has been diagnosed with COVID-19, both students and employees are encouraged to notify those with whom they have had close contact.
- FIT meets and exceeds all ventilation standards and is thoroughly cleaned on a daily basis in accordance with the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), the State of New York, and SUNY.
Campus Locations and Services
- The Museum at FIT is open to visitors; visit the museum’s website for information about its hours and visitor protocols.
- Visit Gladys Marcus Library's current services page for information on its hours, protocols, and remote resources.
We will continue to update this page as information becomes available.
Find a record of COVID-19-related emails in our Communications Archive.
You can also find our previous COVID-19 website here.