Discover quick info about FIT’s current status.
As of July 8, 11:28 am:
- FIT continues to require masks be worn in all campus buildings. This applies to visitors as well as community members in FIT facilities at The Museum at FIT, 236 West 27th Street, and 333 Seventh Avenue.
- Students are required to be required to be vaccinated and boosted; employees are encouraged to receive vaccinations and boosters.
- FIT does not require proof of vaccination from visitors.
- In accordance with SUNY requirements, FIT conducts weekly random COVID-19 surveillance testing of the FIT community (employees and students). Whether vaccinated or unvaccinated, individuals will be notified randomly by FIT Health Services. Testing continues to take place in the John E. Reeves Great Hall.
- In addition, unvaccinated individuals must continue to be tested as part of FIT's ongoing COVID-19 protocols.
- FIT Health Services continues to provide testing, vaccinations, booster shots, and surveillance testing in the John E. Reeves Great Hall, which will continue to be used for these purposes. Make an appointment for these services on the Health Services portal.
Vaccinations and Testing
- All students must upload evidence of their booster to the FIT Health Services Portal.
- Free flu shots are also available to the FIT community; schedule an appointment via the Health Services portal.
- On-campus COVID-19 testing is performed in the John E. Reeves Great Hall. Visit the COVID-19 testing page for details.
- More questions? Check out our FAQ About Mandated Vaccine Boosters and Testing for answers.
Campus Health and Safety Protocols
- Face masks are required in all FIT buildings at all times, regardless of vaccination status, except when eating or drinking.
- If you have been diagnosed with or have been exposed to someone who has been diagnosed with COVID-19, both students and employees should contact FIT Health Services via the portal. Their contact tracers will assist you with next steps.
- FIT meets and exceeds all ventilation standards and is thoroughly cleaned on a daily basis in accordance with the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), the State of New York, and SUNY. Read our FAQ.
- For the most up-to-date numbers of people with COVID-19 vaccinations, positive cases, isolations, quarantines, testing, and other info on FIT's campus, go to the FIT COVID-19 Dashboard.
Campus Locations and Services
- The Museum at FIT is open to visitors; visit the museum’s website for new information about its hours and visitor protocols.
- Visit Gladys Marcus Library's current services page for information on its hours, protocols, and remote resources.
- Barnes & Noble at FIT, the on-campus bookstore, is open, and purchases can also be made online. Visit fashion.bncollege.com for hours and information.
- In-person admissions information sessions and campus tours are currently suspended and are being offered online.
Questions? Find detailed answers in our FAQ documents.
We will continue to update this page as information becomes available.
Find a record of previous COVID-19-related emails in our Communications Archive.