As of Jan. 20, 2:23 pm:
Questions? Find detailed answers in our FAQ documents. You can discover quick info about FIT’s current status below.
- FIT will now begin the spring 2022 semester in person on January 31, a week later
than originally scheduled.
- The spring 2022 semester will run from January 31 to the new last day of classes, May 23. There will be no make-up dates built into this calendar, and President's Day and spring break will remain as scheduled.
- Summer Session 1 will now begin on May 25 and run through June 30.
- All employees who were scheduled to return in person on January 20 are now permitted to work remotely until January 31 unless they are deemed essential by their supervisor.
- The campus remains open and the Health Services staff is providing services Monday through Friday.
- We recognize and are monitoring the evolving COVID-19 environment and following CDC, New York State, New York City, and SUNY data and related guidance.
Vaccinations and Testing
- All students and employees are required to submit a negative PCR test to the FIT Health Services portal taken no more than 72 hours prior to arriving on campus. Given the recent challenges in acquiring tests and the delays in processing results, you may submit a negative rapid (antigen) test taken on the day of your return to campus to the portal while waiting for your PCR test results. A rapid test may be taken at home or at a facility. Upload the negative PCR test results upon receipt.
- Until returning to campus after January 31, there is no requirement to upload a positive test result to the FIT Health Services portal.
- New York State mandate requires all students to be vaccinated and boosted against COVID-19 in order to attend in-person classes and continue their enrollment at FIT. See the January 11 email to students in the Communications Archive for details.
- All students must upload evidence of their booster to the FIT Health Services Portal by February 11 or within five months from your last vaccination.
- There is no vaccination mandate at this time for SUNY community college employees, but they are strongly recommended to receive full vaccination and booster shots.
- COVID-19 Moderna vaccinations and booster shots are available on campus to students and employees in the John E. Reeves Great Hall. Log in to the Health Services portal to schedule an appointment. Visit our Vaccinations page for details.
- Free flu shots are also available to the FIT community; schedule an appointment via the Health Services portal.
- On-campus COVID-19 testing is performed in the John E. Reeves Great Hall. Visit the COVID-19 testing page for details.
- All visitors (guest lecturers, researchers, vendors, and other external guests who have appointments with employees) must show proof of vaccination and be cleared by Public Safety.
- A plan for surveillance testing is in development. Information about this will be sent to the FIT community via campus announcements and posted on this site.
- More questions? Check out our FAQ About Mandated Vaccine Boosters and Testing for answers.
Campus Health and Safety Protocols
- Face masks are required in all FIT buildings at all times, regardless of vaccination status, except when eating or drinking.
- If you have been diagnosed with or have been exposed to someone who has been diagnosed with COVID-19, both students and employees should contact FIT Health Services via the portal. Their contact tracers will assist you with next steps.
- You must show Public Safety officers proof of vaccination to eat inside the Dubinsky Student Center Dining Hall per New York City requirements; non-vaccinated people must purchase food and/or drink to go.
- FIT meets and exceeds all ventilation standards and is thoroughly cleaned on a daily basis in accordance with the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), the State of New York, and SUNY. Read our FAQ.
Campus Locations and Services
- The Museum at FIT is open to visitors; visit the museum’s website for new information about its hours and visitor protocols.
- Visit Gladys Marcus Library's current services page for information on its hours, protocols, and remote resources.
- Barnes & Noble at FIT, the on-campus bookstore, is open, and purchases can also be made online. Visit fashion.bncollege.com for hours and information.
- In-person admissions information sessions and campus tours are currently suspended and are being offered online.
We will continue to update this page as information becomes available.
Find a record of previous COVID-19-related emails in our Communications Archive.