Discover quick info about FIT’s current status.
As of November 3, 2022, 1:05 pm:
- If you test positive for COVID-19, you should not come to class (students) or to work (employees). You may return five (5) days after a positive test or symptom onset. (The day you tested positive or noticed symptoms is considered Day 0, thus you may return to campus on Day 6.) If you continue to have symptoms after this time period, contact FIT Health Services or your physician for further guidance.
- FIT continues to require masks be worn in all campus buildings. This applies to visitors as well as community members in FIT facilities at The Museum at FIT, 236 West 27th Street, and 333 Seventh Avenue.
- Students are required to be vaccinated and encouraged to get boosters; employees are encouraged to receive vaccinations and boosters.
- FIT does not require proof of vaccination from visitors.
- FIT Health Services provides testing, vaccinations, and boosters to students and employees in the Business and Liberal Arts Center Lobby, Monday through Friday, from 9:30 am to 4:30 pm. Make an appointment for these services on the Health Services portal. Walk-ins are also accepted as scheduling permits.
- Find updated FAQ about boosters and testing online.
Vaccinations and Testing
- On-campus COVID-19 testing is performed in Business and Liberal Arts Center Lobby. Visit the COVID-19 testing page for details.
- Free flu shots are also available to the FIT community; schedule an appointment via the Health Services portal.
Campus Health and Safety Protocols
- Face masks are required in all FIT buildings at all times, regardless of vaccination status, except when eating or drinking.
- If you have been diagnosed with or have been exposed to someone who has been diagnosed with COVID-19, both students and employees are encouraged to notify those with whom they have had close contact.
- FIT meets and exceeds all ventilation standards and is thoroughly cleaned on a daily basis in accordance with the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), the State of New York, and SUNY. Read our FAQ.
Campus Locations and Services
- The Museum at FIT is open to visitors; visit the museum’s website for new information about its hours and visitor protocols.
- Visit Gladys Marcus Library's current services page for information on its hours, protocols, and remote resources.
- Barnes & Noble at FIT, the on-campus bookstore, is open, and purchases can also be made online. Visit fashion.bncollege.com for hours and information.
- In-person admissions information sessions and campus tours are currently suspended and are being offered online.
Questions? Find detailed answers in our FAQ documents.
We will continue to update this page as information becomes available.
Find a record of previous COVID-19-related emails in our Communications Archive.