To be considered for admission to Film and Media or any major in the School of Art and Design, you must submit a portfolio for evaluation by FIT faculty members. Below you will find the specific portfolio requirements for your chosen major. Materials received for other majors will not be reviewed or considered.
- Please review your major-specific portfolio requirements below. After receiving confirmation that your application was received by FIT, within two weeks you will receive an email from [email protected] that includes a link to submit the portfolio for your major through SlideRoom.
- Materials received through the mail or in person will not be reviewed or considered.
- Check out Tips on How to Prepare a Portfolio and consider attending a National Portfolio Day or FIT Portfolio Preview Day prior to submitting your portfolio
- Do not submit a portfolio through SlideRoom if you are applying to the following Bachelor of Fine Arts programs: Fashion Design, Footwear and Accessories Design, Illustration, Interior Design, Textile/Surface Design, or Toy Design. You will be contacted by Admissions or the major department with information about submitting your portfolio.
Major-Specific Portfolio Requirements
Click on your chosen major to review specific portfolio instructions.
- Advertising and Digital Design BFA
- Animation, Interactive Media & Game Design BFA
- Communication Design AAS
- Fabric Styling BFA
- Fashion Design AAS
- Film and Media AAS
- Fine Arts AAS
- Fine Arts BFA
- Footwear and Accessories Design AAS
- Graphic Design BFA
- Illustration AAS
- Interior Design AAS
- Jewelry Design AAS
- Menswear AAS
- Packaging Design BFA
- Photography and Related Media AAS
- Photography and Related Media BFA
- Spatial Experience Design BFA
- Textile/Surface Design AAS
- Toy Design BFA
- Before starting a SlideRoom account, you will need to log in to your MyFIT account to retrieve your FIT student ID number. Your ID number is 9 characters long, including the @ and 8 digits.
- You will be charged $10 to submit your portfolio in SlideRoom.
- Please select your intended entry term and major carefully; refunds are not provided for any reason.
- You will only be considered for admission to the major that is listed on your current application.
- Do not submit more than one portfolio at a time.
- If you wish to be considered for a different entry term or major, email [email protected] to request the appropriate change to your application. Once you receive confirmation your request has been processed, you may submit your portfolio.
- If you change your major after submitting your portfolio, you will be required to submit another portfolio for the new major, and an additional $10 fee will be assessed by SlideRoom.