The primary purpose of the FIT Library is to support the teaching, learning, research,
and study needs of members of the FIT college community. If you are a visitor (including
FIT alumni/former students) you must make an advance appointment to use the FIT Library.
Current FIT & SUNY students, faculty, and staff do not require appointments but must present a currently valid FIT or SUNY photo ID card to be admitted to the building.
All potential FIT Library visitors must use our online research appointment request form. We do not accept appointments by phone or email. Potential visitors to SPARC or Historical Forecast Archives (which have different visitor requirements) should see the information below.
Before requesting an appointment, please refer to FIT's Library Visitors policy for detailed information on library access and use, required identification, appointment guidelines and procedures.
- Always check the calendar on this page before submitting a request to see if the Library will be open the day(s) you are
Visitor hours are more limited than general library hours; check calendar for details day-by-day.
FIT Library will be closed Saturday Dec. 22, 2018 - Tuesday Jan. 1 2019
- Please allow 24 hours to receive a response, or longer if submitted when the Library
is closed (check our schedule) .
- We do not make same-day appointments
- Appointments will be considered as if submitted the following day if they don't meet
these deadlines (subject to change without notice due to holidays, special events or situations):
Fall Semester 2018 deadlines (August 18- December 21)
Monday - Thursday: 9:00 pm
Saturday 4:00 pm
Sunday 8:00 pm
Please note that appointments submitted late in the day, even if they meet these deadlines, may not be approved for a next day appointment as you should allow up to 24 hours to receive a response, longer when we are closed.
FIT LIbrary will be closed Saturday Dec. 22, 2018 - Tuesday Jan. 1 2019.
Appointment requests will not be reviewed during that time.
Requests for January 2, 2019 appointments must be received by 2pm on Friday December 21 to be considered.
- Undergraduate and graduate students at other local/regional colleges/universities (except SUNY) should contact librarians at their own institution first. A METRO (Metropolitan New York Library Council) referral card from your school's librarian may be required in addition to requesting an appointment.
- When filling out your appointment request, be specific about what you'd like to see or use at the library; your request may be denied or delayed if you are not specific.
- If you need to change or cancel your appointment, please contact us by email at firstname.lastname@example.org or call the Research Services Desk at 212.217.4400
- If you miss your appointment you will need to submit a new Research Appointment Request
Form; please include a note mentioning your original appointment
More important-to-know information at Visit the Library FAQ
CONTACTS, for more information
- Research & Instructional Services (to ask questions about library materials and/or using the FIT Library) 212 217.4400
- Special Collections & College Archives (SPARC) has its own requirements and procedures for visiting --Details and contact information for SPARC
- Historical Forecast Archive:
Interested researchers (including FIT students and employees) should email email@example.com to schedule an appointment. These appointment requests will be confirmed within 48 hours. More details on historic forecast archive collection and appointments