SPARC welcomes visitor groups from within FIT as well as special interest groups and industry members from other institutions. We provide viewings and specialty talks that engage visitors with our rare and vast collection of primary source materials. In keeping with FIT’s mission to prepare our students for professional excellence, part of our mission is to facilitate student learning and faculty teaching. In presenting our collections to visitor groups we strive to convey the importance of original primary materials, cultural stewardship, physical artifacts, and authentic sources.
Groups may be asked to limit their numbers and observe other restrictions. When requesting a visit please allow a minimum of two weeks advance notice. To schedule a group visit or tour contact us at (212) 217-4385 or [email protected].
The wide range of primary research sources housed in Special Collections are often rare, fragile, and valuable. To protect these collections all visitors must follow our Reading Room Guidelines:
- No pens or markers. We are happy to provide pencils.
- No food, beverages (including water), or gum.
- Photography is permitted but requires a completed Permission to Reproduce form.
- Only laptops and digital cameras are allowed for use in the Reading Room; your other belongings will be sequestered during your visit.
- Please bring a valid photo ID.
- Please silence all of your mobile devices.