Peripheral Equipment and Other Resources
Visit Library Computer Labs page for more information.
For information about the available assistive technology on campus please visit the Disability Support FIT-ABLE page.
If you have questions about this or other services please contact FIT-ABLE department located in Dubinsky Center, A570, or contact them via the phone (212) 217-4090 or email [email protected]
- There are three (3) copiers in the Library, one machine on each Library floor (4th, 5th, and 6th)
- Copiers are accessible during regular Library hours. Some floors close at different times, please consult Library Home page for detailed information
- All copiers produce black and white (B&W) and Color copies (see the table below for pricing and paper size information)
- All copiers are self-service
- Your FIT ID is used for paying for copies:
- Add money to your account at the PHiL machine located on the 5th floor lobby
- Money/Change: The PHiL machine is exact cash only and will accept $1, $5, $10 & $20 bills; Coins are not accepted; Service Desks do not provide change
- Or make an online deposit via eAccounts Portal
- Add money to your account at the PHiL machine located on the 5th floor lobby
- Refund Policy: Ask a Lab Monitor for assistance, or go to the Access Services Desk, 5th floor.
Pricing, Paper Sizes, and Finish
Type of print, paper sizes available, and price per page are posted in front of each copier.
Black and White Copies
- Letter 8.5x11" - $0.20
- Ledger 11x17" - $0.40
- Letter 8.5x11" - $1.00
- Ledger 11x17" - $1.50
Traditional flatbed scanners attached to PC and Mac Workstations as well as stand-alone BookScan stations are available on all floors of the library. They are free to use, but you need to provide digital storage media (ex: a usb drive or use your Google Drive). All scanners are available to current FIT Students, Faculty, and Staff. Visitors may only use BookScan stations.
BookScan stations are capable of saving to USB drive, email, Google Drive or smart phone (via QR Code Reader app). There are 6 BookScan stations available throughout the Library.
6 standalone BookScan stations to capture up to 12" x 18" size image, located in:
- 3 on the 5th fl, Main Reading Room, E539
- 2 on the 4th fl in Periodicals Collection, E436
- 1 on the 6th fl, Open Study / Computer Lab, E620
- 8 scanners to capture up to 8.5" x 11" size image. Locations:
- 4 scanners on the 5th floor - 2 in the Mac Lab, Main Reading Room (E539), and 2 in PC Lab, Main Reading Room (E509)
- 4 on the 6th floor in Open Study / Computer Lab, E620
- 3 scanners to capture up to 12" x 18" size image, located in:
- 2 on the 5th fl in E539
- 1 on the 6th fl in E620
Negative and Slide scanning
Accessories for scanning film negatives and slides on Epson V600 flatbed scanners can be checked out at the Library Services desk on the 5th floor.
A copystand for photographing flatwork of larger dimensions is available in MakerMinds Space.
In the open Computer Commons Labs (Feldman Center, CC15 and CC15A) and the Library, printing is pay-per-page. Print release stations set up in these areas deduct payment from your online account. Black and white laser printing is $0.10, and color printing is $0.90 per page (pricing is the same for 8.5x11" and 11x17" prints).
- Add money to your FIT ID card
- Make a cash or credit/debit deposit via the PHiL Machine or eAccounts
- Log onto a computer and set up your print
- Release your print at the Print Release Station
- Use your FIT credentials to log in
- Select your print job from the queue, click "OK" to print
- Payment is charged at this time
- Pick up your prints at the adjacent printer
Students, staff, and faculty may add funds directly to their FIT ID cards. There is no money on your actual ID card - only in your online printing account, so if your card is lost or stolen, you will not lose any funds. That means that unless someone has your ID card, username and password, they will be unable to charge printing to your account. Please go to Public Safety in 236 7th Avenue, first floor for a replacement ID card.
Visitors may add funds to Library Guest card issued at the Research Services desk located on the 4th floor of the Library.
There are 2 methods of adding money to your account for guest printing:
- You can use the PHiL stations to add cash (see below for details).
- Add money using debit/credit card online via the Campus Card eAccounts portal (see below for details).
Checking Your Account Balance and Recent Print Transactions:
- You can check the balance at the PHiL station
- Each time you swipe your ID card in the print release station you will see your balance in the lower left hand corner of the screen
- This information is also available on the eAccounts online portal
- Recent Printing Transactions can be checked on the eAccounts Portal or at the Print-Release-Stations in the "Account" section.
Cash Deposit using PHIL Station
The PHiL machine will accept $1, $5, $10 & $20 bills; Machine does not give change; Coins are not accepted.
There are 2 locations on campus that have PHiL stations to add cash funds to their printing accounts:
- Library, Goodman Center, 5th floor lobby
- CC15 Computer Commons, basement of the Feldman Center.
Deposit Online through eAccounts
Students, staff, faculty, and visitors may access the eAccounts portal by following this link: eAccounts. Alternatively students, staff and faculty may access the Campus Card eAccounts portal by logging onto MyFIT > Web Resources Tab> "FIT Campus Card".
Step by step instructions can be found in this guide.
- Students, staff, and faculty must fill in all the required fields when prompted in order to add money to their cards. For step-by-step instructions for making a "Guest Deposit" if Student, Faculty or Staff portal is unavailable see below*
- Guest Card users should press "Make a guest deposit" button at the bottom of the page.
- Guest Card users instead of the individual's name provide the following credentials:
- Enter "Library" for the first name
- Enter "Card" for the last name
- Enter the Guest Card number (written on the front of the card) in the "Student ID Number" field.
- *FIT community members can use "Guest Deposit" option when Student, Faculty or Staff
parts of the portal are unavailable. Required credentials to be provided in respective fields:
- Your First Name
- Your Last Name
- Your FIT Student/Employee number; Skip "@" when entering "Student ID Number".
- Your transaction is considered complete when you receive a confirmation email.
Following items are available for check out at the 5th Floor Library Services Desk and are free of charge to FIT Students, Faculty and Staff.
- Digital Cameras
- Wacom Tablets
- Cintiq pens (for Cintiq Wacom Displays located in the 6th floor lab)
- Media Card Reader
- Film/Negative/Slide scanning accessories (certain scanners)
- Charging adapters and cables for certain devices
- OOMF Portable Chargers (user should provide their own cables)
Printing Tips and Troubleshooting
Carefully prepare before printing because you will be charged for all print jobs. Here are few simple resource-saving techniques:
- You have to be logged in to the FIT Lab computer with your FIT network credentials (firstname_lastname
and password) for setting up and releasing the print at the Print Release station.
- If you are working under someone else's log in, the print job will be attached to someone else's account for printing
- There is no printing from personal devices (laptops, phones, etc.)
- Save files to the computer -- either on the desktop or documents folder -- DO NOT print from external storage, OR the web browser. Files saved onto a computer are scrubbed every 24 hours.
- Use the print-preview before printing:
- This will allow you to adjust margins and scale your document
- Print more than one page on a sheet. Note: they will come out much smaller
- Select only the pages you wish to print, etc.
- If you need to reprint a document, only print those pages that have been changed, instead of the entire document.
- If your print job does not print immediately, do not send it to the printer again without checking the print release station because it may still be waiting in the print queue or the printer is warming up.
- Remember to log out of your account before you leave the lab.
A print job cannot be canceled. Print jobs are not released until after you have entered your network password at the print release station and selected which jobs you wish to release. Jobs that have not been released within 10 hours of being sent to the printer queue will be deleted from the printer queue and you will not be charged.
We make every effort to keep the printers in good working order; however, you may receive pages that are of poor quality due to low toner or other printer malfunctions. Please inform the technician/lab monitor on duty, who will either re-print for you at that time, or will help you to fill out and submit a Refund Request Form; refund will be credited to your account.
These printers are set-up for business quality printing and should be used for draft quality color printing. Any special printing and portfolio-quality printing can be done in PrintFX located in D529.
Printers are calibrated for specific type of paper, and under NO circumstances different paper or any other materials should be placed into the printers. These objects may jam and damage the printer's inner components.
It is your responsibility to guard your user ID and password. We will not reimburse you for any charges made to your account by another student. If you think another student is using your user ID and password, please contact the IT for FIT Help Desk.
last updated: 9/15/22