Non-Degree Credit Registration

The Center for Continuing and Professional Studies offers you the opportunity to take credit, non-degree courses at FIT without formally applying to the college.  In order to take non-degree courses, you must be legally able to take credit courses in the United States (i.e. not on a tourist visa).  To take undergraduate classes, you must have a high school diploma (or equivalent). To take graduate classes, you must have a bachelor's degree (or equivalent).

Nondegree credit courses take place during the fall, spring, winter, and summer terms. Registration dates take place before each term and are noted on the Academic Calendar. Expect to complete graded assignments and tests as part of your credit course. 

Registration Periods and Term Dates

Summer 1 Session: May 28–July 2, 2024
Summer 1 registration: April 11–May 29

Summer 2 Session: July 8–August 1
Summer 2 registration: April 11–July 9

Fall Semester: August 26–December 20, 2024
Fall registration: April 29–August 30

Registration Process

This process and the $65 non-refundable fee only apply to courses that carry college credit and have a two-letter subject code such as HA, GD, etc. 

If you have never taken a class at FIT OR if one or more semesters have passed since you last attended as a non-degree student, complete the non-degree enrollment form. Please allow two business days for your enrollment form to be processed and your login information for your MyFIT account to be generated. 

If you have previously taken classes as a non-degree student at FIT and attended the most recent semester, you can simply log in to your MyFIT account and follow the registration instructions. 

If you plan to take graduate level courses, you must submit proof of your bachelor's degree to [email protected] after you have submitted your non-degree enrollment form. If you have completed your degree in the United States, an unofficial copy of your bachelor's degree transcript listing your bachelor's degree conferral will suffice. If you have completed your studies outside of the United States, an unofficial course by course evaluation listing your bachelor's degree conferral will suffice.

Information for New York City Residents

If you are a resident of New York City (one of the five boroughs), you will be required to complete an application for New York State residency and provide supporting documentation. It is recommended that you submit this as soon as possible to avoid being billed at the out-of-state tuition rate. For information and the application, see NYS Residency Application.

Information for New York State (outside of New York City) Residents

In accordance with New York State Educational Law, New York State residents who live in counties other than those of New York City must submit a Certificate of Residence to FIT in order to qualify for the in-state tuition rate. For information and the application, see County Certificate of Residence Application

If you are not a U.S. citizen, review admissions information for international students.

Check our credit course page and select your area of interest.

Registration takes place using MyFIT. If you are taking an English, science, or mathematics course, you may need to take a placement test before enrolling.

» Detailed Registration Instructions

Classes begin the first class meeting day following the first day of the term. If you have a Thursday course, it meets the first Thursday on or after the first day of class. To see term dates, view the Academic Calendar. 

If you have a credit hold on your account, please visit 24+ Credit Hold Information

NOTE: If you plan to apply for a degree program at FIT, it is recommended you seek advisement from Admissions prior to selecting your courses as a non-degree student. If you were previously enrolled in a degree program at FIT and are seeking readmission to the college, see Former Students.


Financial aid is not available to non-degree students. Only students admitted to FIT and enrolled in a full-time or part-time degree-granting programs are eligible for financial aid.

You should finalize your non-degree credit enrollment by paying for your course(s). Tuition and fee payment information and deadlines can be found on the Office of the Bursar page.

New York State Residents

If you have not completed either the NYS Residency Application or the County Certificate of Residence Application as noted in Step 1, you will be charged at the out-of-state tuition rate.

The New York State Public Health Law requires students enrolled for at least six (6) semester credit hours submit certain immunization records. Students will not be permitted to continue attendance at FIT if these requirements are not completed. Immunization documents are submitted to FIT Health Services in Dubinsky Center, Room A402. For more information, see: Immunization Requirements

If you wish to live in FIT housing, visit Residential Life.

Summer housing is available for a variety of individuals, including part-time students and students who are enrolled at other schools.

For fall and spring, housing options are more scarce, but may be available in limited numbers.

Prepare for Your Course(s)

After enrolling, get ready to study by using our preparation checklist.  It contains important information about course materials, policies, and more.

Applying to a Degree Program

If you decide to apply to a degree program, review our page about transferring non-degree credits and applying for our graduate programs.


  • Registrar & Registration Center Forms
    Including: Add/Drop and Special Approval Form, Application for Exam Make-ups, Change of Address, Data Change, Enrollment and Degree Verification Request, Pass/Fail Grade Request, Transcript Request, Withdrawal/Refund of Tuition
  • Bursar's Office Forms
    Including: County Certificate of Residency and Affidavit Application