Program learning outcomes are statements by faculty members that describe the most important things students will know and be able to do when they graduate from a program.
Bachelor of Science Degree
Upon graduating from the Direct and Interactive Marketing BS program, students will be able to:
- explain the differences between direct marketing and general marketing and determine how these direct marketing tools are used to generate sales and awareness for all product categories;
- prepare an overall creative statement, write direct marketing advertising copy, and prepare artwork for a variety of media including direct mail, magazines, email/internet, etc.;
- prepare and analyze direct marketing financial plans using Microsoft Excel;
- develop media plans, including television, digital platforms, and print (e.g., how, when and where they are used effectively);
- communicate clearly and persuasively in written documents, mediated communication, and oral presentations;
- understand the ethical standards for the practice of direct and indirect marketing and be able to apply the standards to their own environment and practice; and
- critically analyze direct marketing brand issues and opportunities.