1. Complete and submit the online IEL application form, including the required essay.
THE DEADLINES FOR THE FALL 2019 PROGRAM ARE AS FOLLOWS: JULY 1, 2019 FOR STUDENTS NEEDING AN I-20, AUGUST 22, 2019 FOR STUDENTS WITH AN I-20 WISHING TO TRANSFER TO FIT FROM ANOTHER LANGUAGE PROGRAM AND FOR U.S. CITIZENS OR PERMANENT RESIDENTS.
2a. Submit a nonrefundable $50 (U.S.) application fee according to the instructions
on the application form.
(If you have not submitted payment, please visit https://fitnyc.edu/noncreditregister, choose Special Programs/Events and then choose Intensive English Language Study at FIT Deposit and proceed to checkout.)
2b. Mail a copy of an official translated high school transcript to:
IEL at FIT, Fashion Institute of Technology
227 West 27th Street, Room B602
New York, NY 10001-5992
Submit an official high school transcript to a member of the National Association of Credential Evaluation Services.
(Official acceptance depends upon receipt of an official high school transcript.)
You will be notified of acceptance into the program within a few days.
If you are accepted to the program, you must complete the following by the dates specified in your acceptance email.
1. Provide a nonrefundable $150 (U.S.) deposit to FIT Office of the Bursar.
2. Provide immunization records according to FIT Health Services guidelines.
3. Submit a completed IEL International Student Financial Statement and supporting documentation (form available upon acceptance).
4. Submit a copy of the biographical page of your passport.
5. Either provide proof of health insurance or be prepared to purchase a student health insurance plan through FIT.
For additional information contact Professor Charlotte Brown at [email protected]
FIT reserves the right to request additional financial information and reject students who do not demonstrate an adequate level of proficiency in English.