Our noncredit certificate programs have been specially crafted to provide sound business theory with a real-world perspective. We offer professional development certificate programs for industry-experienced individuals who are seeking a career boost or new possibilities.
Most certificates of completion are designed to be taken in a fairly sequential manner, so the average student can expect to complete their studies in a minimum of 6 -12 months. Some of the certificates of achievement or special programs can be completed in as little as 2 - 3 months. Next to each program there is an approximate time for completion in parentheses. This number represents students who are taking the maximum number of classes available in that program per semester.
In order to receive a Certificate of Completion or Certificate of Achievement, attendees must complete the entire program within 24 months.
Certificates of Completion
- UX Design (8 week program)
- Motion Graphics (6 week program) - NEW
- Arduino Programming for Designers (8 week program) - NEW
- AR/VR Content Design (8 week program) - NEW
- 3d Modeling and Printing (Fall 2019)
- Computer Essentials for Fashion Design (approx. 6 months)
- Computer Essentials for Graphic Design (approx. 6 months)
- Computer Essentials for Jewelry Design (approx. 6 months)
- Computer Essentials for Video (2 week summer intensive)
- Creative Enterprise Ownership (approx. 6 months)
- E-Commerce Essentials for Small Business (approx. 6 month)
- Sustainable Design Entrepreneur (approx. 6 months)
- Brand Management Strategies (approx. 6 months)
- Data Analytics: Retail Marketing (approx. 6 months)
- Omni-Channel Management (approx. 6 months)
- Fashion Events Planning (approx. 6 months)
- Fashion Styling (approx. 9 months)
- Image Consulting (approx. 6 months)
- Wardrobe Technician and Costume Design Specialist (approx. 12 months)
Product Development Group
- Product Development Manager (approx. 12 months)
- Product Development: Certified Technical Designer (approx. 12 months)
- Product Development: Intimate Apparel and Swimwear (approx. 12 months)
- Quality Assurance Field Inspector Training (5 day intensive)
- Connoisseurship: Mid-Century Modern (approx. 9 months)
Certificates of Achievement
Earn a Beauty Industry Essentials Certificate of Achievement. Gain an in-depth introduction to critical aspects of the beauty and cosmetics industries. This program is entirely online and self-paced.
Earn a Sneaker Essentials Certificate of Achievement. Gain an in-depth overview of all aspects of the sneaker industry. This program is entirely online and self-paced.
Earn a Wearable and Decorative Arts Certificate of Achievement. Perfect for those looking to sell their creations at craft shows, flea and farmer’s markets, galleries, and online markets. Professional expansion into selling your creations.
In order to receive a Certificate of Achievement, attendees must complete 3 courses in either Pet Product Design (SXD) or Wearable and Decorative Arts (SXW), plus 3 Creative Enterprise Ownership (CEO) courses. In order to receive a Certificate of Achievement in Color Specialist, attendees must complete 4 courses in the Color Specialist program.
- Color Specialist (approx. 3 months)
- Pet Product Design (approx. 3 months)
- Wearable and Decorative Arts (approx. 3 months)
To earn a Creative Maker Certificate of Achievement in Ethical Design and Local Manufacturing Fundamentals, you must complete the six required courses at the Brooklyn Army Terminal. All programs have been specifically crafted by professionals recognized in their fields to provide sound theory and impart real-world practices.
- Creative Maker Certificate (approx. 12 months)
Earn a Creative Fragrance Development Certificate of Achievement. FIT's premier certificate programs, Fragrance Awareness and Introduction to Perfumery provides an intensive learning opportunity for professionals through a combination of theoretical and hands-on instruction.
- Creative Fragrance Development Certificate (9 session program)