Spring 2021 Dates (Remote Online)
SXS 101-55A: February 8 - April 15, 2021 (skips Feb 15)
Time: Every Monday and Thursday, 6:10pm to 9:10pm EDT
Online Platform: Webex
*If you began Fashion Styling under the previous program, our office will reach out to you regarding registration and certificate completion.
Fashion Stylists bring their clients’ visions to life through clothing and accessories in photo shoots, runway shows, and more. During this course, aspiring stylists will learn the skills needed to enter this exciting industry through assisting. Students will learn the different genres of fashion styling and the skills needed for each through hands-on projects and real-world experiences in each module of the program.
This certificate course may include guest speakers.
*Additional equipment and expenses will be incurred during the program. Students should expect to purchase some workshop-related materials assigned at the first class.
What You Will Learn
- What a fashion stylist is
- Professional vocabulary used in the industry
- Different genres of styling
- Multiple skills used by stylists
- How to build your styling kit
- Professional resources and guides
- How to present to clients
- How to execute test shoots
- On-figure and off-figure styling
- Program developed and taught by professional Fashion Styling experts
- Program combines theory with hands-on applications
- Information imparted is simultaneously creative and practical
- Program has been developed with career advancement as a goal for those who attend
- FIT has been preparing people for careers in the related-fashion industries for 75 years
- Earn a certificate from FIT/SUNY, a world renowned college of art and design, business and technology
Meet Our Faculty
Fashion Styling Certificate Facilitator & Instructor; CEO of Sadia Seymour Enterprises, LLC., Behind The Rack & I Do I Do I Do Bridal Styling; fashion stylist; fashion consultant; and member of Fashion Group International, New York Chapter.
Sadia Seymour is the Facilitator and Instructor for FIT's Fashion Styling Certificate Program as well as an Instructor for FIT's Precollege Programs. She received her AAS & BFA in Fashion Design from the Fashion Institute of Technology, SUNY. After seven years in production, she transitioned to fashion styling in 1998. With 20+ years under her belt, Sadia works in commercial print and television advertising, editorial, catalog, e-commerce, runway, bridal, press previews, and is a mannequin expert. Currently, she is the CEO of Behind The Rack, a boutique fashion service company.
Styling; visual displays; interiors; fashion and textile historian; and design and trend consultant.
Nancy Alusick is a working freelance stylist, visual display artist and interior designer. Her background includes working as Accessory Editor for both Vogue Patterns and Harper’s Bazaar magazines. She became a freelance stylist in the l980’s working with varied magazines, catalogs, and ad agencies and has since also developed clientele in the areas of visual display and interior design.
6 Sessions: Fashion Styling 101
3 Sessions: Pinning: The Art of Fit
4 Sessions: Still Life Fundamentals
6 Sessions: Photo Shoots
Center for Continuing and Professional Studies (CCPS)
FIT's CCPS offers credit and noncredit courses in fashion, business, design, computer technology, and marketing, as well as a range of certificate programs to help you enter and advance in the fashion and related industries. With short seminars, multi-session courses, and flexible schedules, you can learn at a time and pace you can manage and afford.