Program learning outcomes are statements by faculty members that describe the most important things students will know and be able to do when they graduate from a program.
Associate in Applied Science Degree
Upon graduating from the Advertising and Marketing Communications AAS program, students will be skilled in the following:
- Ethical Responsibility: Students will be aware of how ethics are applied across marketing communications channels.
- Marketing Basics: Students will comprehend both the marketing process as well as the component market communications elements.
- Marketing Communications Technology: Students will be able to identify the workings of up-to-date technological tools in marketing communications.
- Research and Critical Thinking: Students will be able to identify and use various sources of information to substantiate decisions.
- Globalism: Students will learn how differences in geographic markets and cultures affect marketing and communication decisions.
- Teambuilding: Students will learn to work in teams to be able to allocate tasks and address strengths and weaknesses.
Bachelor of Science Degree
Upon graduating from the Advertising and Marketing Communications BS program, students will be skilled in the following:
- Ethical Responsibility: Students will be able to make ethically responsible decisions in the various disciplines of marketing communications.
- Brand Management: Students will build a brand using IMC strategies and tactics and develop brand equity through secondary associations such as extensions and alliances.
- Marketing Communications Technology: Students will apply cutting edge technological tools that make marketing communications more effective.
- Research and Critical Thinking: Students will use primary and secondary data and use these to make sound business judgments and decisions.
- Globalism: Students will assess markets and cultures and determine areas of commonality and differences in customer needs, wants, and usage. Students will have the ability to study and intern abroad to witness these first hand.
- Teambuilding: Students will effectively work in teams demonstrating interpersonal skills to address business plans in an effective, efficient, and professional manner.