FIT has many points of distinction that can help make the case for the college as an outstanding educational institution and leading contributor to the creative economy. CER has put together a comprehensive, regularly updated list of “points of pride” culled from institutional achievements, survey data, and rankings in the media. You can use them individually or in any combination to promote FIT to your audiences.
Below is a “top ten” general list of distinctions. Download additional lists, divided into categories such as rankings, faculty, sustainability, and diversity, here:
Points of Distinction Top Ten List
1. 83 percent of students say FIT was their top choice, compared with 54 percent across other SUNY schools.
2. CEOWORLD magazine ranks FIT as the number one fashion school in the U.S. and number two in the world.
3. FIT graduates are in the top 2 percent nationwide for mid-career salaries among community college alumni.
4. One year after graduation, 86 percent of the class of 2017 were working full-time, and 68 percent in the creative field they studied.
5. As part of its commitment to sustainability, FIT has reduced its carbon footprint by 55 percent since 2007, more than any other school in New York.
6. The Museum at FIT is the only museum in New York City devoted solely to the art of fashion. It is accredited by the American Alliance of Museums (an honor given to less than 5 percent of museums).
7. FIT gets an A+ for diversity from Niche.com—it is among the top 2.5 percent most diverse colleges in the country.
8. FIT is in the list of U.S. colleges and universities that produced the highest number of U.S. Fulbright scholars.
9. 80 percent of associate’s degree students graduate within three years, more than double the national average.
10. Niche.com ranks FIT the eighth best public college in New York State, based on a comprehensive assessment of U.S. colleges based on millions of statistics and student reviews.