FIT's premier 10-week certificate program, Fragrance Awareness, provides an intensive learning opportunity for professionals through a combination of theoretical and hands-on instruction. Offered through the Center for Continuing and Professional Studies in collaboration with the Cosmetics and Fragrance Marketing department and taught by recognized industry practitioners.
Fall Dates: TBA
Time: 6:15pm to 8:15pm
Location: Fragrance Lab, Room A682
- Intro to Evaluation and Marketing
- Genealogy, Language, Structure/New Launches
- The Fragrance Brief
- Product Development Process/Storytelling
- Packaging and Point of Purchase
- Fragrance Workshop
- Fragrance Marketing to End Customer
- Fragrance Development in the Digital World
- The Annette Green Fragrance Foundation Studio, modeled on professional facilities, is the only fragrance lab on a U.S. college campus.
- Curriculum designed by FIT's Cosmetics and Fragrance Marketing department which is a leader in fragrance education.
- Taught by industry experts.
- Earn a certificate from FIT, our Cosmetics and Fragrance program is the only one of its kind in the country.
Meet Our Faculty
Assistant Professor and Associate Chairperson, Cosmetics and Fragrance Marketing, FIT
Virginia Bonofiglio has been the Chairperson of the Cosmetics and Fragrance Marketing program at FIT for over ten years. She was trained as a perfumer and has created fragrances for a wide variety of products across multiple categories Prior to entering the academic arena she was the SVP of Fragrances for Technology Flavors and Fragrances, a creative fragrance manufacturer.
Cosmetics and Fragrance Marketing, FIT
Senior level product development and marketing expert focused on fragrance, product development and education.
Center for Continuing and Professional Studies (CCPS)
FIT's CCPS offers credit and non-credit courses in fashion, business, design, computer technology, and marketing, as well as a range of certificate programs to help you enter and advance in the fashion and related industries. With short seminars, multi-session courses, and flexible schedules, you can learn at a time and pace you can manage and afford.