Paris College of Art
Program Type: Semester Study Abroad
The Paris College of Art (PCA) , centrally located in the tenth arrondissement of Paris, has three decades of experience nurturing students in the creative industries through affiliations with Parsons School of Design, The New School, and the American University of Paris. As an independent institution, PCA offers a range of degrees in art and design specialties to an international student body. Located in the cultural center of Paris, campus is conveniently located within walking distance to Le Trianon and Quai de Valmy/Canal St. Martin, while having easy metro access to all of the Parisian sites.
Approvals on an ongoing basis until 1-Oct: Spring
- Minimum GPA 3.0
- Matriculation in a Bachelor's degree program
- Photography students must obtain academic advisement and the approval of the department chair/advisor. PH students may participate in their 6th semester.
PCA offers a wide range of photography, design, and liberal arts courses. Students should expect to take 6th semester Photography equivalents (typically PH353, PH374, either CT331 or CG251, and two or more liberal arts). As PCA is not an exchange program, any online FIT courses will be charged at the applicable per-credit hour tuition rate in addition to the PCA tuition.
A detailed Academic Calendar can be viewed on the PCA website.
Students are generally expected to arrive the weekend before orientation begins.
Students are responsible for making their own accommodation arrangements for the duration of their stay. PCA does not provide on campus housing; however, the Student Life Office at PCA can assist students with securing private student housing off campus. Students will receive an accommodation guide within their acceptance packet. Options range from private student housing, shared apartments (can be non-PCA students if desired), and homestays.
Students will be required to apply for a Long-Stay French Visa for the duration of their stay in France. Students are encouraged to carefully review the Visa requirements . Supporting documentation will be provided after approval.
Health & Wellness
FIT requires all students to be covered in the U.S. and internationally for the duration of their study abroad program. Two types of coverage are required:
1. FIT requires students to be covered abroad for the duration of their program. This policy is mandatory, therefore students cannot waive it.
- Coverage abroad: UHC Study Abroad Insurance
*Students will be enrolled and account will be billed before start of program. More detailed information about coverage and claims processes will be provided post-approval.
2. FIT requires students to be covered in the U.S. for the duration of their program. Students may waive the Haylor insurance using the standard waiver process if they already have a U.S. based insurance policy with equal or better coverage.
- Coverage in the US: Haylor Student Health Insurance
PCA provides a quality learning environment for all of their students and they offer access initiatives to address and support students' needs. For more details, see the PCA site here.
A copy of this form may be brought to Financial Aid Services so that a careful review of your program costs may be completed by an assigned financial aid counselor.