Policy No: IT002
FIT is committed to protecting its information and systems assets, as well as the professional and personal information of students and employees. FIT (“college”) also has an ethical responsibility to its community members to protect their original research and designs, health and personal data, and other critical institutional information, the loss and damage of which could result in serious financial or reputational loss to the college. As a result, FIT will have a number of policies that govern the classification, technical protection, information security awareness, and procedural protection of its information assets and systems. This policy documents Information Technology controls governing all forms of college data, as well as technical and procedural steps that must be followed by all members of the FIT community relative to configuration and use of FIT hardware, software, and networks, as well as guidelines for the protection of data.
Who is Affected by This Policy
- All members of the FIT community (students, employees, and third-parties)
- All other individuals and entities granted use of FIT information, including but not limited to: contractors, temporary employees, volunteers, etc.
- Responsible Administrator: Vice President for Information Technology and CIO
- Responsible Office: Information Security Office
- Implementation History: Issued November 2017; Updated May 2018, April 2021
- Contact: Chief Information Security Officer (CISO)
View Official Policy
IT002, Information Security (.pdf)
*This PDF document is the official version of this policy.