New York State Scholarships
New York State Residents - Excelsior Scholarship
This New York plan provides assistance for New Yorkers making up to $125,000. A New York State resident can receive up to $5,500 from the Excelsior Scholarship, minus any amounts received for TAP, Pell grants, or other grants and scholarships.
To complete the application you will need:
- Copies of your New York State income tax return(s) filed by you and your parent(s) or your spouse.
- Your current unofficial college transcript showing the number of credits you earned each year prior to applying for the program. At FIT you can access an "Unofficial Student Transcript" on the STUDENT tab though MyFIT.
- Your Student Aid Report (SAR), which you received when you filed your FAFSA. You can go online to fafsa.gov to access an online copy of your SAR.
New York State - Other Scholarships
Most of the following have a deadline of June 30 of each academic year.
- Flight 3407 Memorial Scholarships
- Flight 587 Memorial Scholarship
- Military Enhanced Recognition Incentive and Tribute (MERIT) also known as Military Service Recognition Scholarship (MSRS)
- NYS Memorial Scholarships for Families of Deceased Firefighters, Volunteer Firefighters, Police Officers, Peace Officers, and Emergency Medical Service Workers
- NYS Scholarships for Academic Excellence
- NYS World Trade Center Memorial Scholarship
New York State Awards
- NYS Aid to Native Americans (Deadlines: July 15 for fall semester; December 31 for spring semester)
- NYS Regents Awards for Children of Deceased and Disabled Veterans
- Segal AmeriCorps Education Award
- Veterans Tuition Awards
New York State Women Inc.
The data accessible through these linked websites are for informational purposes only and are not represented to be error free. Any link to non-Fashion Institute of Technology information is provided as a courtesy and does not imply endorsement, investigation or verification by the College of the linked websites or information contained therein.