The Fashion Institute of Technology's Precollege Programs provide middle and high school students with experiential learning opportunities at our NYC camps, and offers parents, K-12 educators and youth organizations an insightful lens into FIT's majors and the wide-ranging industries FIT serves. Precollege Programs prepares students for the FIT admissions process, including creative arts portfolio development, and features the unique experience of being part of FIT's dynamic and diverse college campus and the cultural vibrancy of New York City that informs and enriches the college, its history and its campus community.
Highlights of Precollege Programs include:
- Non-credit and credit course offerings to high school students;
- Non-credit workshop offerings to middle-school students;
- On-campus high school internship placements;
- Cultivation of partnerships with New York City area schools and related outreach activities; and
- On-campus academic tours, seminars, and workshop offerings for parents, teachers, and non-profit youth organizations, with participation welcome and encouraged at student and faculty exhibitions, FIT Museum events, as well as other FIT community activities.
Classes available in:
Accessories design, advertising and marketing, app design, communication design, computer graphics, event planning, cosmetics and fragrance marketing, draping, drawing, fashion design, fashion forecasting, fashion merchandising, film editing, film criticism, graphic design, illustration, interior design, international trade and marketing, jewelry design, journalism, menswear, painting, packaging design, patternmaking, photography, production management, screenprinting, sculpture, sewing, sneaker design, styling, textile design, visual merchandising and more!
Still considering Precollege courses? Here's why they're so popular!