Scholarship Searches and Lists
Gender, Ethnicity, Disability, Military and State
- Cappex - Gender, Ethnicity Major & State
- DiversityAbroad.com - Various scholarships listed for Diverse Students to Study Abroad
- Unigo - Scholarship search - Listings for Minority, LGBT, Disability, Women and various Veteran Scholarships
- OEDb - Open Education Database - Grants for African Americans, Women,
Foster Youth - New York State
Foster Youth College Success Initiative (FYCSI) Foster Youth College Success Initiative (FYCSI) a New York State program for NYS residents that is specifically for foster youth or eligible orphans who are either already in college or about to enter college designed to provide them with the necessary supports and financial assistance to help them achieve academic success and meet college expenses. If you believe you meet criteria and are eligible for FYCSI consideration, please email [email protected] with your First Name, Last Name, eligibility criterion (Foster Youth or eligible Orphan), email address and phone number so you can be contacted for the additional information that will be needed. Documentation confirming eligibility will be required by your school.
FYCSI works through New York's Opportunity Programs: Educational Opportunity Program (EOP) at SUNY colleges. You may contact the FIT Office of Educational Opportunity Programs (EOP) at FIT (212) 217-4170 or send an email to [email protected].
- Benjamin Gilman International Scholarship
Scholarship is a grant program that enables students of limited financial means to study or intern abroad. March 2021 Deadline application opens mid-January 2021 for programs that start between May 1, 2021 to April 30, 2022. Cycle encompasses Summer 2021, Fall 2021, Academic Year 2021-2022, and Spring 2022 programs.
- Gilman-McCain International Scholarship
The U.S. Department of State’s Gilman-McCain Scholarship provides awards of $5,000 for undergraduate child dependents of active duty service members to study or intern abroad on credit-bearing programs. Deadline: December 1, 2020
- FIT Study Abroad Scholarships
Last posted extended to October 1, 2021 for programs in Spring 2022
Early February 11 2022 (exact date TBA) for programs in Fall 2022,
Academic year 2022-2023, and Summer 2022
Listing also included Departmental Scholarships & External Scholarships
Asian & Pacific Islander
- APIA Scholarship Program Application Opens September 8, 2021 -
Closes January 26, 2022
- CHCI - Congressional Hispanic Caucus Institute
National Directory of Scholarships, Internships,and Fellowships Online
Various Scholarships - see Website
- Hispanic Scholarship Fund TBA - Last posted April 5, 2021.
- LNESC - LULAC National Educational Service Centers, Inc. - Various Scholarships
- McDonald's HACER Scholarship Program TBA - Last posted February 5, 2020
Native American Students
- Association of American Indian Affairs AAIA Scholarship is partnering with the
American Indian College Fund Scholarship Application for 2021-2022 Academic year: February 1, 2021 - May 31, 2021.
- Native Indian Scholarships - DAR American Indian Scholarship
Online applications are accepted November 1, 2020 through January 31, 2021.
- New York State Aid to Native Americans July 16 for Fall,
January 4 for Spring, and May 20 for Summer (pending funding availability)
African American Students
- African American Grants Open Education Database (OEDb) Various Scholarships
- African American Scholarships (Scholarships.com) - Various Scholarships listed
- BRAG - Black Action Retail Group, Inc. Various Dates. FIT College Chapter
- NANBPWC National Scholarship
National Association of Negro Business and Professional Women's Clubs, Inc.
Various Scholarships - Last posted April 15th Deadline
- UNIGO - Various Scholarships listed
- UNCF - Various Scholarships listed
- Scholarships for African American Students
(Fastweb.com) - Various Scholarships listed
- Gruss Scholarship: Bring Application to Financial Aid Services - Dubinsky Student Center Room A212A
- UJA Federation of New York - Hebrew Free Loan Society -
TBD - Last posted May 31, 2020
UJA -Federation of NY Rose Biller Scholarship Fund
UJA -Federation of NY Jean and Albert Nerken Scholarship Fund
UJA -Federation of NY Rachel and Selim Benin Scholarship Fund
- Point Foundation Scholarship Community College Application -
TBA - Lasted May 4th.
- Live Out Loud TBA - last posted March 16, 2020.
For New York, Connecticut & New Jersey graduating high school seniors.
Scholarships for Women
- Freya Moskowitz Stern & Laura Rollins Hockaday Scholarships
Apply before May 15th of the application year. Second year female students age
22 and above currently enrolled in a Community College in New York with 3.5 GPA,
- Grace LeGendre Endowment Fund, Inc. (NY) Graduate Study
Applications for the 2021 FELLOWSHIPS - Deadline: February 28, 2021
- SWEA Swedish Women's Education Association - New Jersey - Deadline May 1st
- Tobi Cares Scholarship Women's Scholarship -
TBA - Last posted December 31, 2019
- Women's Forum of New York Deadline; February 1, 2021
Given to high-potential women, age 35 and over.
- WISP - Women's Independence Scholarship Program
Survivor of domestic violence - Approximately 2 months before your program begins
- WONGDOODY - Creative Black Womxn to Watch
TBA - Last posted November 13, 2020
Students with Disabilities
- Affordable Colleges.com - Scholarships and Financial Aid for Students with Disabilities
- Karman Health Care - September 1, 2020
Students who have a mobility disability
- Unigo - Various Scholarships & Deadlines
- University HQ - College Scholarships for Students with Disabilities - Various Scholarship and Dates
Military and Veterans
- Military Service (Scholarships.com)
- Military.com - Military Spouse & Family Educational Assistance Programs
- Veterans of Foreign Wars
Voice of Democracy & Patriot's Pen Youth Scholarships - High School Students
Last posted - October 31st
- Anthony Castelli Attorney's Veterans College Scholarship
Memorial Day - Last Monday in May
(Current Veteran, Parent, Sibling, child or grandchild)
- Wells Fargo Veterans Scholarship Program
TBA - please check in January
- Wells Fargo Veterans Emergency Grant Program
TBA - please check in January
No deadline, grants awarded until funds are exhausted. For veterans already enrolled full-time in higher education, to help meet their household expenses when faced with unexpected financial setbacks. Grants are available for a one-time distribution.
Military - New York State Residents
TBA - All Applications must be submitted by June 30th of the Academic Year
- Military Enhanced Recognition Incentive and Tribute (MERIT) aka Military Service Recognition
Dependents of deceased or permanently disabled armed forces member
- NYS Regents Awards for for CDDV & NYS DREAM Act CDDV Applicants
NYS Regents Awards for Children of Deceased and Disabled Veterans
- specific times of national emergency
- Veterans Tuition Award (VTA) and DREAM act VTA
The data accessible through these linked websites are for informational purposes only and are not represented to be error free. Any link to non-Fashion Institute of Technology information is provided as a courtesy and does not imply endorsement, investigation or verification by the College of the linked websites or information contained therein.