Fully Vaccinated Students
New and returning students must provide proof of their COVID-19 vaccination no later than January 10, 2022.
The deadline to upload proof of BOTH doses of the Pfizer or Moderna COVID-19 vaccine or one dose of Johnson & Johnson COVID-19 Vaccine, or any WHO approved COVID-19 vaccine series is January 10, 2022.
All students must upload their vaccination card to FIT Health Services so their medical records are updated.
- Log in to the FIT Health Portal with your FIT username and password
- Click Document Upload
- Under Document Type, select COVID-19 Vaccine
- Click Browse to browse for your COVID-19 Vaccine file
- Click Save
SUNY requires that all students, with the exception of limited medical or religious exemptions, be fully vaccinated in order to attend in person classes, live in FIT residential housing and/or access FIT campus.
If you are not fully vaccinated, you will be required to comply with weekly COVID-19 testing and submit proof of negative COVID tests to Health Services in order to be cleared to attend classes. Failure to comply with this SUNY-wide mandate will result in disciplinary action outlined in FIT’s Code of Student Conduct.
- If you are a commuter student: comply with mandatory PCR COVID-19 surveillance testing once a week; results must be uploaded to the FIT Health Portal. Testing is available at FIT, please see the FIT Health Services website for details.
- If you are a residential student: comply with mandatory PCR COVID-19 surveillance testing twice a week; you must submit results to the Coordinator of Community Standards and Student Support, Destini Young, [email protected] and upload them to the FIT Health Portal. Testing is available at FIT, please see the FIT Health Services website for details.
- All students must wear a mask at all times on campus except when eating meals on campus while seated and social distancing is appropriately enforced, or the student is by themself. As per the New York City Executive order regarding indoor dining and fitness, you must be fully vaccinated in order to access FIT’s Dining facilities and the Fitness Center. On-campus dining is restricted to take-out only for non-vaccinated students.
- Comply with all additional restrictions and requirements applying to campus instructional, work and research spaces as set forth or amended in these guidelines, and as may be implemented in the future.
Student Medical and/or Religious Exemptions
Limited student medical and/or religious exemptions for Spring 2022 will be considered. Student requests for Spring 2022 must be submitted to the FIT Health Portal. The deadline for students to submit exemption requests for Spring 2022 is Sunday, December 5, 2021, 11:59pm.
FIT Health Services is offering the Moderna vaccine. You can schedule an appointment by logging in to the FIT Health Portal or call 212-217-4190.
International Students: FIT has been approved by SUNY to accept vaccinations received from outside the United States as long as they are COVID-19 vaccines approved by the World Health Organization (WHO). A vaccine is approved if "Finalized" appears in the column titled "Status of Assessment.”
International students who are unable to obtain a COVID-19 Vaccination in their hometown or country of embarkment will have an opportunity to be vaccinated when they arrive in New York State. Vaccines are available through FIT Health Services. Students will be required to participate in routine testing until their vaccination course is completed. IMPORTANT: All students must be fully vaccinated in order to attend in person classes and/or have access to FIT campus and resources and must provide proof of their COVID-19 vaccination by uploading it to the FIT Health Portal no later than January 10, 2022.
Questions related to your International Student status, including queries about F-1 student visas and travel to the United States, should be directed to the Office of International Student Services at [email protected].