Chelsea College of Arts
Chelsea College of Art and Design
Program Type: Exchange
Chelsea College of Arts (CCA), located in London, England, is one of London’s most prestigious art and design colleges. A college of the University of Arts London, Chelsea College provides a supportive community that encourages experimentation and the development of creative ideas and concepts. London is a leading global city from almost every perspective, from arts to education to finance, with a diverse range of peoples and cultures and more than 300 languages spoken.
- Course Information
- Academic Calendar
- Study Visa
- Health & Wellness
- Program Budget
- Application, Instructions and Preparations
- Minimum GPA 3.0
- Matriculation in a Bachelor's degree program
- Graphic Design
- Portfolio: Students must submit a portfolio with 12 pieces of recent work to the department in addition to the online application.
- Students must obtain academic approval from the department advisor.
- Students may participate in their 7th semester.
- Textile/Surface Design students must apply online and obtain academic advisement and the approval of the department chair. Textile/Surface Design students are eligible during their 7th semester.
A full-time semester credit load at Chelsea College of Art (CCA) consists of 60 UK credits. Major and related area credit is available. Liberal arts credit is not available, but students may take liberal arts and other courses online at FIT at no additional expense as this is an exchange program.
Graphic Design Course Information:
Students must also take GD 491 - Senior Thesis Research (3 Credits) online at FIT while abroad.
Textile/Surface Design Course Information:
A detailed Academic Calendar can be viewed on the CCA website.
Students are generally expected to arrive the weekend before orientation begins.
Students are responsible for making their own accommodation arrangements for the duration of their stay. Students may choose to live in one of the UAL’s Halls of Residence (recommended) or in a privately-rented home. Typically, only certain halls allow residents for one term, and the contract period begins in early September up to 2 weeks before the start of classes.
UAL Housing for Study Abroad Students
US citizens do not need to apply for a visa in advance of arrival. Upon entering the UK with proper documentation, US citizens are granted short-term study clearance by the border officer. All non-US citizens must carefully review UK visa requirements as they may need to apply in advance for a short-term study visa. Supporting documentation will be provided by CSM after admission.
FIT requires all students to be covered in the U.S. and internationally for the duration of their study abroad program. Two types of coverage are required:
1. FIT requires students to be covered abroad for the duration of their program. This policy is mandatory, therefore students cannot waive it.
- Coverage abroad: UHC Study Abroad Insurance
*Students will be enrolled and account will be billed before start of program. More detailed information about coverage and claims processes will be provided post-approval.
2. FIT requires students to be covered in the U.S. for the duration of their program. Students may waive the Haylor insurance using the standard waiver process if they already have a U.S. based insurance policy with equal or better coverage.
- Coverage in the US: Haylor Health Insurance
UAL's Student Services team provide a wide range of counseling, health and disability services to all enrolled students. Refer to their Student Services site for details on what services are available to you.
A copy of this form may be brought to Financial Aid Services so that a careful review of your program costs may be completed by an assigned financial aid counselor.
See the Scholarships & Financial Aid page.