Arts University Bournemouth
Program Type: Semester Study Abroad
Arts University Bournemouth (AUB), located in Bournemouth, England, is a leading creative industries university that takes education to the next level through inspiring instruction that engages students to collaborate and achieve their professional aspirations. AUB is the top UK university for employability and offers a broad range of programs in every creative industry. A coastal town in southwest England, Bournemouth is a popular tourist destination with notable Victorian architecture, beaches and bustling nightlife.
Fall semester: February 15
- Minimum GPA 3.0
- Matriculation in a degree program.
- Graphic Design students must submit a portfolio with 12 pieces of recent work to the department in addition to the online application. They must obtain academic approval from the department advisor. They may participate in their 7th semester.
- Photography students must obtain academic advisement and the approval of the department advisor. Students may participate in their 3rd or 7th semester.
A full-time semester credit load at Arts University Bournemouth consists of 60 UK credits. Major and related area credit is available. Liberal arts credit is not available, but students may take liberal arts courses online at FIT at the applicable per-credit hour tuition rate.
Graphic Design Course Information
Students must also take GD 491 - Senior Thesis Research (3 Credits) online at FIT while abroad at the applicable per-credit hour tuition rate .
Photography Course Information
Students fulfill 3rd semester or 7th semester major and related area courses by taking modules worth 40 UK credits from Year Two (Level 5) or Three (Level 6) of the Commercial Photography BA (Hons) program at AUB.
A detailed Academic Calendar can be viewed on the AUB website.
Students are generally expected to arrive the weekend before orientation begins.
Students are responsible for making their own accommodation arrangements for the duration of their stay. Students may apply to live in one of AUB’s halls of residence or search for a privately-rented home with support from AUB Student Services
US citizens do not need to apply for a visa in advance of arrival. Upon entering the UK with proper documentation, US citizens are granted short-term study clearance by the border officer. All non-US citizens must carefully review UK visa requirements as they may need to apply in advance for a short-term study visa. Supporting documentation will be provided by AUB after admission.
See: UK Study Visa
Health & Wellness
FIT requires all students to be covered in the U.S. and internationally for the duration of their study abroad program. Two types of coverage are required:
1. FIT requires students to be covered abroad for the duration of their program. This policy is mandatory, therefore students cannot waive it.
- Coverage abroad: UHC Study Abroad Insurance
*Students will be enrolled and account will be billed before start of program. More detailed information about coverage and claims processes will be provided post-approval.
2. FIT requires students to be covered in the U.S. for the duration of their program. Students may waive the Haylor insurance using the standard waiver process if they already have a U.S. based insurance policy with equal or better coverage.
- Coverage in the US: Haylor Health Insurance
The Student Support Office at AUB strives to ensure that no student's academic studies are impacted by a lack of support. See how their Student Support office can help you adjust to life at AUB.
A copy of this form may be brought to Financial Aid Services so that a careful review of your program costs may be completed by an assigned financial aid counselor.
Application, Instructions, and Preparations
See: How to Apply