Policy No. IT001
Fashion Institute of Technology (FIT or the college), through the Office of Information Technology (IT), provides a range of computing equipment, networks, and information resources to support the instructional, research, and administrative functions of the College, as well as to enhance the well-being of its students and the FIT community. This policy is intended to guide members of the FIT community in the acceptable use of these network and computer resources. FIT computing resources may be used only for purposes that are legal, ethical, and consistent with the Colleges mission. Violations of this policy constitute unacceptable use of computer resources, and suspected or known violations must be reported to the Office of Information Technology.
Who Should Read This Policy
- The entire FIT community (administrators, faculty, staff, students, alumni, retirees)
- Third parties
- Responsible Administrator(s): Vice President for Information Technology/CIO
- Responsible Office(s): Information Technology
- Implementation History: Revised June 2012, March 2015
- Contact(s): Vice President for Information Technology and CIO
View Official Policy
IT001, Computer and Network Use (.pdf)
This PDF document is the official version of this policy.