Policy No. IT001
Fashion Institute of Technology (FIT or the “college”), through the Division of Information Technology (IT), provides a range of computing equipment, networks, and information resources to support the instructional, research, and administrative functions of the college, as well as to enhance the well-being of the FIT community. This policy is intended to guide members of the FIT community in the acceptable use of FIT Systems. FIT systems may be used only for purposes that are legal, ethical, and consistent with the college’s mission. Violations of this policy constitute unacceptable use of FIT Systems, and suspected or known violations must be reported to the Division of Information Technology.
Who Should Read This Policy
- The entire FIT community (administrators, faculty, staff, students, alumni, retirees)
- Third parties
- Responsible Administrator(s): Vice President for Information Technology/CIO
- Responsible Office(s): Information Technology
- Implementation History: Updated June 2012, March 2015, August 2018
- Contact(s): Vice President for Information Technology and CIO
View Official Policy
IT001, Computer and Network Use (.pdf)
This PDF document is the official version of this policy.