NJ TRANSIT Student Pass
Full-time undergraduate and graduate students are eligible to purchase a rail, bus, or light rail mobile student monthly pass at 25% off the regular monthly pass price, when you enroll online through NJ TRANSIT's Mobile Student program. Mobile passes offer the convenience of purchasing and displaying your student monthly pass on your mobile device. No need to pre-pay or wait for a paper ticket in the mail. Buy at your leisure.
How to Sign Up
- Login to MyFIT
- Look for "Student Pass" or NJ Transit to find the registratioin page.
- Fill in all required fields on the registration form.
- Verify your full-time status and student (.edu) email address.
- Download the NJ TRANSIT App and buy your Mobile Student Monthly Pass.
Passes may be purchased from the 19th of the preceding month through the 10th of the month that the pass is valid.
Existing Mobile Student Monthly Users
If you are an existing Mobile Student Monthly customer, you need to reactivate your account at the start of each semester.
- Login to MyFIT to reactivate your account.
- Login to NJ TRANSIT with your student (.edu) email and the password.
- Verify your full-time status and student email address.
- Buy your Mobile Student Monthly Pass.
Students who participate in this program agree that the monthly pass is for their exclusive use only.
Each student is eligible to receive one discounted monthly pass per month.
Passes are non-transferable.
Any abuse or purposeful deception will result in the cancellation of the student's monthly pass account, and (s)he will be unable to participate in the program in the future. This will also apply to any other student who is knowingly involved.
IMPORTANT: Only full-time students will see the NJ TRANSIT Discount Program link in MyFIT. Students with full-time status after the fall and spring add/drop registration periods are eligible. Summer students must be taking at least 12 credits to take advantage of the program.