Camberwell College of Arts
Program Type: Exchange
Camberwell College of Arts is a renowned art and design college. Part of the University of Arts London (UAL), Camberwell’s courses encourage students to think about social responsibility, to develop their critical and making skills, and to explore their creativity. The south east London location is home to a thriving art scene and is near the vibrant multicultural neighborhood of Peckham.
1-Mar: Fall Semester
- Minimum GPA 3.0
- Matriculation in a Bachelor's degree program
- Spatial Experience Design
- Portfolio: Students must submit a portfolio of recent work to the department in addition to the online application.
- Students must obtain academic approval from the department advisor.
- Students may participate in their 6th or 7th semester.
A full-time semester credit load at Camberwell College of Arts consists of 60 UK credits. Major and related area credit is available. Liberal arts credit is not available, but students may take liberal arts and other courses online at FIT at no additional expense as this is an exchange program.
Spatial Experience Design Course Information:
Students fulfill 6th or 7th semester major and related area courses by taking a module worth 40 UK credits in Year 2 of the BA (Hons) Interior and Spatial Design program at Camberwell.
A detailed Academic Calendar can be viewed on the UAL website.
Students are generally expected to arrive the weekend before orientation begins.
Students are responsible for making their own accommodation arrangements for the duration of their stay. Students may choose to live in one of the UAL’s Halls of Residence (recommended) or in a privately-rented home. Typically, only certain halls allow residents for one term, and the contract period begins in early September up to 2 weeks before the start of classes.
UAL Housing for Study Abroad Students
US citizens do not need to apply for a visa in advance of arrival. Upon entering the UK with proper documentation, US citizens are granted short-term study clearance by the border officer. All non-US citizens must carefully review UK visa requirements as they may need to apply in advance for a short-term study visa. Supporting documentation will be provided by CSM after admission.
Health & Wellness
FIT requires all students to be covered in the U.S. and internationally for the duration of their study abroad program. Two types of coverage are required:
1. FIT requires students to be covered abroad for the duration of their program. This policy is mandatory, therefore students cannot waive it.
- Coverage abroad: UHC Study Abroad Insurance
*Students will be enrolled and account will be billed before start of program. More detailed information about coverage and claims processes will be provided post-approval.
2. FIT requires students to be covered in the U.S. for the duration of their program. Students may waive the Haylor insurance using the standard waiver process if they already have a U.S. based insurance policy with equal or better coverage.
- Coverage in the US: Haylor Health Insurance
UAL's Student Services team provide a wide range of counseling, health and disability services to all enrolled students. Refer to their Student Services site for details on what services are available to you.
This may be shared with Financial Aid Services so that a careful review of your program costs may be completed by an assigned financial aid counselor.