Policy No: EM004
The purpose of this policy is to establish general guidelines for a tuition refund as well as ensuring that refunds are considered for students who have extenuating circumstances in accordance with the approved standards of the College. It is the policy of the College to refund student tuition and fees if notified of a class change, or dropped classes, within an appropriate period of time. Courses dropped prior to the first day of the semester will have 100% of the tuition canceled. Courses dropped on or after the first day of the semester are subject to the refund schedules outlined in this policy, which govern the prorated cancellation of semester tuition charges in cases of program adjustment or withdrawal. Students with extenuating and documentable circumstances may submit an appeal to be considered for additional tuition refund. The refund appeals process is outlined in this policy.
Who Should Read This Policy
- All Students
- All Academic Departments
- All Student Service Departments
- Responsible Administrator(s): Vice President of Enrollment Management and Student Success
- Responsible Office(s): Office of Enrollment Management and Student Success
- Implementation History: Issued December 1957, Revised October 2014, June 2015
- Contact(s): Registrar’s Office
View Official Policy
EM004, Tuition And Fee Refund Policy (.pdf)
*This PDF document is the official version of this policy.