Prevention • Education • Outreach
Health Services’s outreach is about connecting with the campus community to increase college health through awareness, education, and stigma reduction.
The Health Services provides seminars, workshops, lectures and presentations on a variety of health-related topics, including:
- safer sex
- smoking cessation
- nutrition and diet
- substance abuse
- stress reduction techniques
- and more.
Through these health education activities, the Health Services encourages all students
to take responsibility for their level of wellness now and in their future adult lives.
Visit our Events Calendar page for a list of events hosted or sponsored by Health Services. Some of our annual free events include:
- New Student Orientation (events hosted by Department of Student Life)
- Weeks of Welcome (events hosted by Department of Student Life)
- Domestic Violence Awareness Month (events co-hosted with CAEG)
- Healthy Holiday Eating
- Pop-Up Flu Clinic
- Wellness Week (events co-hosted with Student Government Association)
- Stress Relief Week (events co-hosted with Student Government Association)
- World’s AIDS Day
- Condom Bar & Lounge (event hosted by Residence Hall Association)
- Eating Disorder Awareness Month (events co-hosted with Merchandising Society)
- How To Maintain a Healthy Body Image in the Fashion Industry
- Drug & Alcohol Awareness (event co-hosted with Athletics & Recreation)
- Nutrition Month (events co-hosted with Athletics & Recreation)
- Sexual Assault Awareness Month (events co-hosted with CAEG)
- Grad Week (events hosted by Student Government Association)
We offer free Mindful Mondays from 2:30-3:30pm in the Wellness Space to help students maintain a regular practice of mindfulness.
- 1st Monday of Each Month: Make Your Own Tea Bag
- 2nd Monday of Each Month: Make Your Own Affirmation Stone
- 3rd Monday of Each Month: Try a New Food
- 4th Monday of Each Month: Make Your Own String Art
Visit our Events Calendar page for exact dates.
The Wellness Space is located in room A715; with the Department of Student Life, Dubinsky Center.
Request Outreach Programming
FIT Health Services staff works with other campus partners, student groups, and individual students to create and provide outreach services. If you are interested in a program, please complete our program request form.
Collaborating With Us
Want to see a health event on campus? Let’s work together and bring your ideas to campus. If you are interested in collaborating with us, please complete our collaboration request form.