All training begins with the Basic Accessibility Guidelines, which apply to all electronic information technology.
We offer other types of general and specialized training, described below.
Deque University is an online digital accessibility training platform that provides self-paced courses on a wide variety of topics: web accessibility, document accessibility, accessibility testing, customer service, and more. Courses are designed for a wide range of technical skills from easy to advanced.
It is recommended that all employees complete the following courses:
- Serving Customers with Disabilities
- Disability Etiquette Basics
- Effective Communication, Part 1: Communication in Person
- Effective Communication, Part 2: Remote Communication
- Accessibility Fundamentals - Disabilities, Guidelines, and Laws
You may take any additional courses that meet your interests and technical skill level.
Access to Deque University is free and available through May 2021. To request access, please contact [email protected].
An accessibility curriculum has been compiled via a playlist on LinkedIn Learning. These courses are self-paced and include the following:
- Adding Captions to PowerPoint Presentations
- Creating Accessible Documents in Microsoft Office
- Creating Accessible PDFs Using Acrobat DC
To access the playlist, you must first log in to LinkedIn Learning through MyFIT.
» PDF Accessibility Overview (scroll down for Characteristics of Accessible PDF files)