Off-Campus Security Threat
If you have information about an off-campus security threat or incident that may impact the FIT community, call Campus Security (212) 217-7777 and provide the following information:
- your name
- your location
- the nature of the emergency and information about the emergency
If you are inside a building:
- Seek cover under a desk, table or other heavy furniture that can provide protection from flying glass and debris.
- Remain inside the building until it is safe to exit.
- Follow directions of emergency response personnel.
- If an evacuation is in order, take personal necessities (glasses, keys, medicines) with you.
If you are outside:
- Drop and cover.
- Move away from the aircraft.
- Proceed to a safe area.
- Follow instructions from FIT and/or emergency officials.