Diversity Grants Awarded
- IMPACT: Creativity for Civility, Diversity, and Inclusion - C.J. Yeh, Christie Shin, Judy Ellis, Marianne Klimchuk, Ron Amato, Joe Staluppi, Anne Kong, and Daniel Shefelman
Diversity Comic Con - Ramon Gil, Computer Animation and Interactive Media
Diversity and Teachable Moments in the Performing Arts - Amy Zaborowski-Smith, Pilar Blanco-Ruiz, Department of Modern Languages and Cultures, Deborah Payton-Jones, Student Life, Susan Grassi, Financial Aid Services, Andrea Beeman and Dana Mc-Broom-Mano, Film, Media and Performing Arts, and Taur Orange, EOP.
- What is Feminism Now? Art and Activism -Melissa Tombro –Associate Professor, English and Communication Studies Department; Sandra Markus, Professor, Fashion Design; Kim Cunningham, Assistant Professor, Social Sciences Department; Katelyn Burton, Assistant Professor, English and Communication Studies Department, Leslie Blum, Assistant Professor, Communication Design Department
- Beauty in All Cultures - Sarah Wilmot, MFA in Illustration, Class of 2018; Brendan Leach, Chairperson, School of Graduate Studies; Mark Higden, MFA in Illustration, Class of 2018
A Chat with the Central Park Five: Looking Back to Look Forward- Professor Bernard L. Dillard, Department of Science and Mathematics
- Black Fashion Designers and Models in Conversation- Ariele Elia, Assistant Curator of Costume and Textiles, The Museum at FIT; Elizabeth Way, Curatorial Assistant, The Museum at FIT
- Lohman Museum of Gay and Lesbian Art Lecture Series, Professor Ron Amato, Chair, Department of Photography; Tardis Johnson, Associate Dean for Student Academic Support; Joe Massa, Photography Department coordinator; Ames Beckerman, formerly of Residential Life.
- Impactful Language - Ellen Brennan Hearn, Grants Office; Professor Curtis Willocks, Department of Photography; Professor Christine Shin, Department of Communication Design; and Dr. Brian Fallon, Director, Writing Studio
Film and Media Screening Series - Professor Michelle Handelman, Associate Professor of Film Media
Women and Technology Symposium and Wikipedia Edit-a-thon - Helen Lane, Emerging Technologies Librarian, Goodman Resource Center, Gladys Marcus Library; Stephenie Futch, User Support Assistant III, Technology Development Team.
- Cultural Spheres - Professor C. J. Yeh, Communication Design; Professor and Chair Suzanne Anoushian, Communication Design; Professor Curtis Willocks, Photography; Professor Christie Shin, Communication Design
- Step Dance Workshop at the Museum at FIT - Tanya Melendez, the Museum at FIT; Melissa Marra, Associate Curator of Education, the Museum at FIT; Dr. Valerie Steele, Director and Chief Curator, the Museum at FIT
- Ride the Culture Loop - Dr. Eleanor diPalma, Film, Media and the Performing Arts; Professor Eileen Karp, Fashion Design; Professor Ellen Lynch, Accessories Design; Professor Michael Cokkinos, Advertising, Marketing and Communications; Jim May, Artistic Director, Ana Sokolow Dance Theater Ensemble; and Wendy Perron/Jennifer Stahl, editors at Dance Magazine
- Miss Communication - Pansum Cheng, student, Fine Arts/Sculpture Technologist
- International Student Speech Contest: Lessons Learned/Advice Offered - Professor Asli Gokhan-Kucuk, Patricia Iacobazzo, Charlotte Brown, Lee Whiting, and Matthew Petrunia, English and Speech
- A Queer History of Fashion Symposium - Tanya Melendez, the Museum at FIT (with collaborators Melissa Marra, Tamsen Schwartzman, and Dr. Valerie Steele)
- Diversity and Globalization: Achieving more diverse teams, consumer communication, and leadership culture in global corporations - Professor Stephen Kanlian, Cosmetics and Fragrance Marketing and Management, Graduate Studies
- Language and Learning at FIT: Celebrating the Stories of English Language Learners - Patrick Jackson and Sasha Graybosh, Writing Studio
- LGBTQ and Ally Training - Vivian Chen and Cody Kirkpatrick, Residential Life
- Women in Design-related Technology: Learning from Real-life Stories - Professors Elaine Maldonado, CET; and Karen Pearson, Science and Mathematics
- Marriage Equality New York - Professor Ron Amato, Photography; Kevin Campo, Kendra Heisler, Beth Zink, Steven Walsh, Livia Glosikova and Loreal Prystaj, Photography major students.
- A New DAWN: Disability Awareness Week Network - Elizabeth Mortensen and Joseph Plutz, Office of Disability Services: FIT-ABLE
- ARTSpeak - Professors John Allen and Jean Feinberg, Fine Arts
- Foreign Born Faculty Panel - Professor Asli Gokhan, English and Speech
- FIT Diversity Oral Histories - Professors Greta Earnest and Karen Cannell, Library; Professors Isabella Bertoletti and James Cascaito, Foreign Languages; Professor Daniel Levinson Wilk, American History; Professor Karen Scheetz, Fashion Design
- FIT's Heirloom Recipes: A Cross-Cultural Exchange - Professors Jean Amato, Amy Lemmon, Michael Hyde and Melissa Tombro, English and Speech; Professor Charlotte Brown, Educational Skills
- Covering/Discovering - Alex Joseph, Communications and External Relations
- Diversity and Learning - Professor Pamela Ellsworth, Global Fashion Management
- Photo Talks - Professor Jessica Wynne, Photography
- Dynamic Diversity - Professor Charlotte Brown, Educational Skills; Professor Brian Fallon, Writing Studio; and Madeline Meyerson, Academic Advisement Center