CER produces a variety of print materials to support recruitment and development, promote programs and events, and provide general institutional information. We collaborate with appropriate academic or administrative areas to create FIT publications for a range of audiences.
Institutional publications, created by CER in partnership with colleagues throughout the college, includes the annual report, commencement collateral, undergraduate recruitment materials, and materials in support of special events.
Our office’s extensive resources include art direction, writing and editing, creating or finding appropriate photographs or illustrations, selecting and managing designers, soliciting print vendors, and providing suggestions for distribution and mailing.
Time frames for publications vary. Here is a general guideline:
- simple posters, invitations, postcards, and flyers: 3-4 weeks
- 2-10 page brochures: 6-8 weeks
- brochures of more than 10 pages: 8-10 weeks
- projects containing multiple items: 6-8 weeks
- reprints of existing small items: 2-3 weeks
All new publications must first be approved by the dean or vice president of the school or division. If you’re interested in working with CER to create a publication for your unit, please obtain that approval before submitting an inquiry form.
FIT departments may create a variety of publications on their own. Projects that are appropriate for units to self-produce include:
- postcards for student exhibitions
- one-time event signage
- forms for internal college use
- simple brochures for events limited to the FIT community
- flyers for distribution on the FIT campus
(Note: Flyers must be approved by Student Life before posting on bulletin boards.)
If you produce your own publication, you must:
- Maintain the graphic identity of FIT. This requires the consistent application of the logo, typefaces, and color palette that represent the FIT brand. The FIT Toolkit provides these materials and guidelines for their use.
- Submit a proof to Communications and External Relations. Please send a PDF via the request form two weeks before printing. We will review the design per FIT’s branding requirements and proofread the text.