How-To's and Procedures
This section is dedicated to the tutorials, how-to's and procedures for the equipment set up in the MakerMinds space (formerly ARL - Art Resources Lab) and dedicated equipment that can be checked out from the Access Services Desk in the Gladys Marcus Library.
Tutorials and How-To's:
- using Artograph Impression 1400 to project digital artwork from a mobile device or laptop
- using Artograph Prisim to project and enlarge documents
- using Canon Rebel T6 photo camera
- using a Copy Stand to photograph oversized artwork
- using Dragonframe 4 for stop-motion animation
- using ELMO to project or enlarge artwork
- using a large Paper Trimmer
- using a Light Table to trace images on translucent material
- lighting setup for photography
- using MyStudio Kit for product and small object photography
- using Nikon D3300 photo camera
- using Photography Backgrounds
- using Wacom Cintiq 27QHD and 22HDT drawing-displays
- using Cricut Cutter
There is a variety of equipment available for checkout from the Access Services Desk in the Gladys Marcus Library. Equipment request forms can be filled out in advance or at the Access Services Desk before check out.
- Never leave the lights on and unattended. The lights can get quite hot, be careful when handling the equipment.
- When you are done shooting, please unplug and wrap the power cables of the lights you borrowed from Access Services Desk before you transport them back for return.
- When you are done using technology, ensure that it is powered off.
- When done in the space, ensure all lights are off.
- If you have any questions, feel free to ask a Student Lab Monitor for assistance.
- Best of luck with your work!