Policy No. CR002
The college recognizes social media as an important communications tool. The purpose of this policy is to define and govern the use of official FIT social media accounts for communication and promotion of FIT-related information in support of its educational mission and strategic goals, and to enhance campus security.
Further, this policy delineates the appropriate use of social media by individuals on behalf of FIT, its divisions, schools, departments, and other units. For purposes of clarity, this policy applies to those social media pages that are managed by administrative personnel who produce and promote information in support of the college. This policy does not apply to social media pages developed as a component of academic coursework (including as part of a project or other course-related assignment), through industry-sponsored contests/research, by student clubs or student organizations, or by individuals associated with FIT. Such pages, however, are subject to copyright and intellectual property laws as well as other FIT policies.
Who is Affected by this Policy
- FIT community members (employees, students) operating FIT Social Media
- Third parties, such as external vendors and agencies, who engage with FIT Social Media
- Public Safety/emergency personnel, the Emergency Preparedness and Response Group (EPRG), and associated personnel
- Responsible Administrator(s): Vice President for Communications and External Relations
- Responsible Office(s): Communications and External Relations
- Implementation History: Issued May 2014; Updated February 2018
- Contact(s): Vice President for Communications and External Relations
View Official Policy*
CR002, Social Media (.pdf)
*This PDF document is the official version of this policy.