Peripheral Equipment and Other Resources
In addition to computers, technology resources such as assistive technology - FITABLE, other equipment and peripherals - copiers, printers, flatbed desktop and BookScan scanners are available in the Library for student use. Below you will find details for depositing money to your Fashion EX account via your FIT ID card for printing and making copies, as well as Pay-for-Print system and printing troubleshooting tips.
More information about Library Computer Labs...
There are two Assistive Technology Student Workstations located in the Library:
- 5th floor: 1 Mac and 1 PC located in the hallway opposite the elevators.
These stations have Kurzweil 3000, screen magnifiers, and flatbed scanners.
Assistive Technology Student Workstations ar provided by the Disability Support Services (FIT-ABLE).
If you have questions about this or other services please contact FIT-ABLE department located in Dubinsky Center, A570, or contact them via the phone (212) 217-4090 or email [email protected]
- There are three Copiers in the Library, one machine on each Library floor (4th, 5th, and 6th)
- Copiers are accessible during regular Library operating hours. Some floors close at different times, please consult Library Home page for detailed information
- All copiers produce B&W and Color copies (see the table below for pricing and paper size information)
- All copiers are self-service
- Your FIT ID is used for paying for copies:
- Add money to your account at the PHiL machine located on the 5th floor lobby
- Money/Change: The PHiL machine will accept $1, $5, $10 & $20 bills; Coins are not accepted; The Library does not make change
- Or make an online deposit via eAccounts Portal
- Add money to your account at the PHiL machine located on the 5th floor lobby
- Refund Policy: Ask a Lab Monitor for assistance, or go to the Access Services Desk, 5th floor.
Signs denoting the type of print, paper sizes available, and pricing are posted in front of each copier.
| Print Type
Black & White
Traditional flatbed scanners attached to PC and Mac Workstations as well as stand-alone BookScan stations and slide/negative scanners are available on all floors of the library. You may use them for free, but you need to provide digital storage media. All scanners are available to current FIT Students, Faculty, Staff. Visitors may only use BookScan stations.
BookScan stations are capable of saving to USB drive, email, Google Drive or smart phone (via QR Code Reader app). There are 6 BookScan stations available throughout the Library.
Flat bed scanners:
- 8 scanners to capture up to 8.5" x 11" size image, located in:
- 4 scanners on the 5th floor - 2 in the Mac Lab, rm. E539, and 2 in PC Lab, rm. E509
- 4 on the 6th floor in rm. E620
- 3 scanners to capture up to 12" x 18" size image, located in:
- 2 on the 5th fl in rm. E539
- 1 on the 6th fl in rm. E620
- 6 standalone Bookscan Stations to capture up to 12" x 18" size image, located in:
- 3 on the 5th fl, Main Reading Room, E539
- 2 on the 4th fl in Periodicals Collection, rm. E436
- 1 on the 6th fl, Open Study / Computer Lab, rm. E620
Negative / Slide scanning: Accessories for scanning film negatives and slides on V600 flatbed scanners and can be checked out at the Access Services desk on the 5th floor.
A copystand for photographing flatwork of larger dimensions is available in MakerMinds Space.
- Add money to your FIT ID card
- Cash or credit/debit deposit
- Set up your print on FIT sdtuent workstation in the classroom or open labs
- Release your print at the Print Release Station
- Use your FIT credentials to log in
- Payment is charged at this time
- Pick up your prints
In the open Computer Commons Labs (Feldman Center, CC15 and CC15A), and the Library, there is per-page charge for printing. Print release stations set up in these areas deduct payment from your online account. Black and white laser printing is $0.10, and color printing is $0.90 per page (same price for 8.5x11" and 11x17").
Students, staff, and faculty may add funds directly to their FIT ID cards.
Visitors may add funds to Library Guest card issued at the Research Services (Reference) desk.
There are 2 methods of adding money to your account for printing:
- You can use the PHiL stations to add cash (see below for details).
- Add money using debit/credit card online via the Campus Card eAccounts portal (see below for details).
Checking Your Account Balance and Recent Print Transactions:
- You can check the balance at the PHiL station
- Each time you swipe your ID card in the print release station you will see your balance in the lower left hand corner of the screen
- This information is also available on the eAccounts online portal
- Recent Printing Transactions can be checked on the eAccounts Portal or at the Print-Release-Stations in the "Account" section.
Cash Deposit using PHIL Station
The PHiL machine will accept $1, $5, $10 & $20 bills; Machine does not give change; Coins are not accepted.
There are 2 locations that have PHiL stations (Payment Headquarters in Location) for students, staff, faculty, and visitors to add cash funds to their online printing accounts.:
- Library, Goodman Center, 5th floor lobby
- CC15 Computer Commons, basement of the Feldman Ctr.
There is no money on your actual ID card - only in your online printing account, so if your card should be lost or stolen, you will not lose any funds. That means that unless someone has your ID card, username and password, they will be unable to charge printing to your account.
Deposit Online through eAccounts
The eAccounts portal services students,staff, faculty, and visitors. Students, staff, faculty, and visitors may access the eAccounts portal by following this link: eAccounts. Alternatively students, staff and faculty may access the Campus Card eAccounts portal by logging onto MyFIT > Web Resources Tab> "FIT Campus Card" link.
Step by step instructions can be found in this guide.
- Students, staff, and faculty must fill in all the required fields when prompted in order to add money to their cards. For step-by-step instructions for making a "Guest Deposit" if Student, Faculty or Staff portal is unavailable see below*
- Guest Card users should press "Make a guest deposit" button at the bottom of the page.
Guest Card users instead of the individual's name provide the following credentials:
- Enter "Library" for the first name
- Enter "Card" for the last name
- Enter the Guest Card number (written on the front of the card) in the "Student ID Number" field.
- *FIT community members can use "Guest Deposit" option when Student, Faculty or Staff
parts of the portal are unavailable. Required credentials to be provided in respective fields:
- Your First Name
- Your Last Name
- Your FIT Student/Employee number; Skip "@" when entering "Student ID Number".
Printing Tips and Troubleshooting
Prepare carefully before printing because you will be charged for all print jobs. Here are few simple resource-saving techniques:
- You have to be logged in to the FIT Lab computer with your FIT network credentials (first_lastname and
password) for setting up and releasing the print at the Print Release station.
- If you are working under someone else's log in, the print job will be queued to someome else's account for printing
- There is no printing at FIT from personal devices (laptops, phones, etc.)
- Save files to the computer -- desktop or documents folder -- DO NOT print from external storage, OR the web browser.
- Use the print-preview before printing:
- This will allow you to adjust margins, and scale your document
- Print more than one page on a sheet. Note: they will come out much smaller
- Select only the pages you wish to print, etc.
- If you need to reprint a document, only print those pages that have been changed, instead of the entire document.
- If your print job does not print immediately, do not send it to the printer again without checking the print release station because it may still be waiting in the print queue.
- Remember to log out of your account before you leave the lab.
Canceling Print Jobs
A print job cannot be canceled. Print jobs are not released until after you have entered your network password at the print release station and selected which jobs you wish to release. Jobs that have not been released within 10 hours of being sent to the printer queue will be deleted from the printer queue.
We make every effort to keep the printers in good working order; however, you may receive pages that are of poor quality due to low toner or other printer malfunctions. Please inform the technician/lab monitor on duty, who will either re-print for you at that time, or will help you to fill out and submit a Refund Request Form; refund will be credited to your account.
These printers are set-up for business quality printing and should be used for draft quality color printing. Any special printing and portfolio-quality printing can be done in PrintFX located in D529.
Printers are calibrated for specific type of paper, and under NO circumstances different paper or any other materials should be placed into the printers. These objects may jam and damage the printer's inner components.
It is your responsibility to guard your user ID and password. We will not reimburse you for any charges made to your account by another student. If you think another student is using your user ID and password, please contact the IT for FIT Help Desk.
The following items are available for check out at the 5th Floor Access Services Desk and are free of charge to FIT Students, Faculty and Staff.
- Digital Cameras
- Wacom Tablets
- Media Card Reader
- Film/Negative/Slide scanning accessories (certain scanners)
- Charging adapters and cables for certain devices
- OOMF Portable Chargers (user should have cables)